Five soldiers killed, 10 wounded in ambush in northern Mexico
An armed attack on a military convoy in Mexico's northern state of Sinaloa left five soldiers dead and at least 10 wounded, the local prosecutor's office said on Friday.
The attack took place in the early morning on the edge of the city of Culiacan in the home state of the Sinaloa Cartel, whose former leader Joaquin "El Chapo" Guzman was recaptured in January.
"It seems that it was an ambush...we think it was an attack by the local cartel," an official at the prosecutor's office said.
Guzman is currently in prison in Ciudad Juarez, a northern city on the U.S. border,... read more
- 16:10 Tottenham v Stoke – TV channel, time, date, odds and recent meetings
- 16:09 Council grows number of allotment plots it runs in town by 28
- 16:08 When safety is a danger
- 16:07 Gold and silver prices SURGE amid fears US stock markets are about...
- 16:06 Tyne’s link to US war entry
- 16:06 Nottingham mum calls on maternity leave to be increased
- 16:04 Historian digs into Cumbrian village's past
- 16:03 Boy, 10, survives deadly spider bite after receiving record anti-venom
- 16:03 Zlatan Ibrahimovic could play until he’s 40, says Manchester United...
- 16:03 WATCH: Customers praise The Waterfront's new look after it reopens...
- 16:01 Snow to hit Scotland again as Storm Doris aftermath sees...
- 16:00 Where in the North East are you least likely to pick up a speeding...
- 15:59 Air ambulance called after car crashes into Derbyshire shop
- 15:58 Thief caught holding up a toy shop with a carrier bag over her head
- 15:57 The Voice UK 2017: 'It's hard' Linda Lusardi's daughter Lucy...
- 15:55 Wood shoots Leeds United to vital victory over Sheffield Wednesday
- 15:55 This couple with Down’s syndrome are celebrating 22 years of marriage
- 15:55 Concern growing for missing man Stephen Charlton who was last seen...
- 15:54 Philippines people power anniversary sparks anti-Duterte protests
- 15:51 Electronics retailer hhgregg could file for bankruptcy next month:...
- 15:51 Berkshire Hathaway gains $1.6 billion from its huge bite of Apple
- 15:47 Ex-Chelsea star opens up on return to Stamford Bridge
- 15:45 Two-year investigation put South Shields drug smuggler behind bars
- 15:44 Man United boss Mourinho shocked me by doing this, but it backfired...
- 15:43 Swansea boss sends warning to Chelsea: Transfer target will be up...
- 15:43 Arsenal legend: Man United star will be wanted by Premier League...
- 15:43 Antonio Conte: This gave me sleepless nights
- 15:42 Ex-Liverpool FC keeper Doni has no sympathy for Claudio Ranieri
- 15:41 Van crash in North Lincolnshire
- 15:41 Nostalgia: New equipment for Birkbeck School