Five-month old Imogen becomes Britain’s youngest double lung transplant patient
A young girl has become Britain’s youngest double lung transplant patient.
Imogen Bolton received her new lungs when she was just five months old after she was diagnosed with the rare illness Alveolar Capillary Dysplasia (ACD), meaning her lungs were not properly formed.
The reality is that Imogen wouldn’t be here today if the donor family hadn’t made the decision to donate and we are all hugely thankful to them Dr Helen Spencer Weighing just 4.5kg, she underwent a seven-hour operation earlier this year at Great Ormond Street Hospital (GOSH). Experts believe she may be the youngest child in... read more
- 06:45 Unai Emery: Arsenal fans have their say on new Gunners coach –...
- 06:45 Liverpool chiefs 'targeting TWO English defenders' to boost Jurgen...
- 06:43 Two dead, 18 injured after train smashes into truck stopped on...
- 06:41 Hanging Heaton hit club record highest score in Ossett success
- 06:41 The Stratford-upon-Avon Street Marshals Scheme
- 06:40 Reboot, revive, repeat: has retromania really taken over TV?
- 06:39 Dales school bids to go it alone to secure ‘sustainable’ future
- 06:39 Grade discount plea for students from disadvantaged backgrounds
- 06:39 Evolution or sexism: Why are so many female bosses ‘queen bees’?
- 06:37 Guest Column: Does social media improve modern life?
- 06:37 Sunderland care home rated in top three per cent in country
- 06:37 Sunderland teacher gets Downing Street invite to meet Prime...
- 06:37 Art of glass on display at Sunderland seafront this weekend
- 06:35 Man Utd star Eric Bailly has message for fans amid reports he could...
- 06:35 Man Utd 'open talks' with Tottenham: HUGE fee demanded for Toby...
- 06:33 Sunderland set to appoint Jack Ross with Stewart Donald hopeful...
- 06:28 Irish anti-abortion campaigners dodge Google's ad ban
- 06:28 Word of the week: obesogen
- 06:27 Guest Column: Does social media improve modern life?
- 06:26 General mess all round
- 06:26 Photographic record ought to be made
- 06:26 'We must learn lessons from rough sleeper death'
- 06:25 Sauer smashes superb 150 in Crossbank’s cup success
- 06:21 Transfer News: Liverpool, Man Utd men among 10 top players set to...
- 06:21 Residents’ fight to stop Rushden Memorial Clinic being turned into...
- 06:21 Taxpayer funding jobs for Wellingborough MP’s wife and girlfriend
- 06:21 Butterfly extinct in England released in Northamptonshire
- 06:20 Irish anti-abortion campaigners dodge Google's ad ban
- 06:20 World Cup theft: 'gangster and brother stole trophy in 1966'
- 06:19 Neoliberalism – the ideology at the root of all our problems