Five-month old Imogen becomes Britain’s youngest double lung transplant patient
A young girl has become Britain’s youngest double lung transplant patient.
Imogen Bolton received her new lungs when she was just five months old after she was diagnosed with the rare illness Alveolar Capillary Dysplasia (ACD), meaning her lungs were not properly formed.
The reality is that Imogen wouldn’t be here today if the donor family hadn’t made the decision to donate and we are all hugely thankful to them Dr Helen Spencer Weighing just 4.5kg, she underwent a seven-hour operation earlier this year at Great Ormond Street Hospital (GOSH). Experts believe she may be the youngest child in... read more
- 07:46 Edinburgh named as UK’s top city for inward investment
- 07:46 Answers required on state of city’s roads
- 07:43 YOUR VIEW: Fishergate Bollard mania has gone global
- 07:42 Mary, Queen of Scots
- 07:41 Former Newcastle star Andy Cole speaks for first time about his...
- 07:41 Rihanna turns 30: A closer look at the icon’s greatest moments in...
- 07:35 RISE AND SHINE: Start your day with us
- 07:34 Sexual offences against children reported to police reaches a...
- 07:34 Elise Christie: Team GB speed skater WILL compete in 1000m short...
- 07:34 RISE AND SHINE: Start your day with us
- 07:33 Sexual offences against children reported to police reaches a...
- 07:31 NEWS: Destiny 2 Crimson Days end time, Weekly Reset, Faction Rally...
- 07:31 Violent dad jailed for attack on ex partner
- 07:31 RISE AND SHINE: Start your day with us
- 07:31 Search after children 'shout for help' near River Wyre
- 07:30 RISE AND SHINE: Start your day with us
- 07:27 Search after children 'shout for help' near River Wyre
- 07:27 Cumbrian water bottle promotion is slated by plastics campaigners
- 07:26 Man Utd want to sell Marcos Rojo to PSG because of Real Madrid as...
- 07:24 Rocket Ronnie off to flier at Guild Hall
- 07:22 RISE AND SHINE: Start your day with us
- 07:22 Emmerdale spoilers: New pictures confirm Robert Sugden and Aaron...
- 07:22 Donald Anderson: Why Scotland’s pothole problem is here to stay
- 07:22 Coronation Street spoilers: Kate Connor and Rana Nazir together at...
- 07:21 William Hill fined £6.2m for lax controls
- 07:20 Violent dad jailed for attack on ex partner
- 07:20 RISE AND SHINE: Start your day with us
- 07:20 Paramedic bitten at hospital by a patient he was trying to help
- 07:18 William Hill to pay £6,200,000 for ‘social responsibility and money...
- 07:17 Chris Coleman: Right decision to join Sunderland