Five-minute guide to getting covered for bad weather
One in six homes in England and Wales is in danger of being flooded, yet too many homebuyers fail to realise the risks and could quickly discover their new purchase is a washout. Existing homeowners should also check what insurance cover they have, so they do not have to pay the cost of clearing up out of their own pockets.
Flood experts say the UK should be doing more to alert people to the dangers, so make sure you stay home and dry this winter.
More than 2.4 million homes are vulnerable to river and coastal flooding and an additional 3 million could face surface water... read more
- 14:59 Thorntons recalls festive favourites over fears they may contain...
- 14:59 Hetty’s centenary celebration
- 14:59 Fire crew called to help sick Barrow woman out of her home
- 14:59 Centres to go under shake up of services for children
- 14:58 Rangers manager Mark Warburton feels sympathy for Michael...
- 14:58 Wall Street flat as countdown to Trump's swearing-in begins
- 14:58 Missing Enderby man David Noakes - police drag lake in search for...
- 14:58 Boozer tried to break into mum’s house with garden fork in Mansfield
- 14:58 'I nearly killed myself - but help is available at mental health...
- 14:57 Case against ex-Celtic youth coach Jim McCafferty delayed
- 14:56 New council bid to get tough with travellers
- 14:56 Schoolboy wrote to Marten De Roon to say he was the best and got a...
- 14:56 Endangered baby white rhino meet her father for the first time
- 14:56 Kia Stinger price and specs revealed ahead of its UK release
- 14:56 ‘We knew we had to go in’ say flat fire heroes
- 14:56 Campaign launched to get Lincolnshire’s Red Arrows immortalised in...
- 14:56 Centres to go under shake up of services for children
- 14:55 Arsene Wenger reveals all on injury to key Arsenal man
- 14:55 Novak Djokovic's former coach: This is why he lost to Denis Istomin...
- 14:55 U.S housing starts surge in December; jobless claims near 43-year low
- 14:54 ‘We knew we had to go in’ say flat fire heroes
- 14:54 Centres to go under shake up of services for children
- 14:54 Tamworth FC: Youngsters from Amington enjoy a memorable meeting...
- 14:54 Additional one-lane closures announced for Tyne Tunnel
- 14:54 Diego Costa slammed: Chelsea star has shown greed, player power is...
- 14:53 Cash stolen in daylight house raid
- 14:52 UKIP's North Cumbria chairman resigns over "appalling" national...
- 14:53 Birmingham City transfer news and rumours LIVE: Blues in talks for...
- 14:52 Dozens of families risk losing their homes due to benefits clampdown
- 14:52 'Lost' holy well said to have mystical powers rediscovered near...