Five future fund stars who could make you rich: Get on board early to really rake in the returns
It's no secret that you can make a small fortune if you find a fund manager with the Midas touch.
Investors who backed Neil Woodford — who now runs CF Woodford Equity Income — at the turn of the Millennium could have turned £10,000 into £45,000 today.
But to rake in serious returns you needed to get on board early. If you'd spotted Mr Woodford's potential when he started out at Invesco Perpetual in 1988, you could have turned £10,000 into £299,000 by now.
Identifying star fund managers in their early days can be incredibly difficult. Brokers such as Fidelity International, Bestinvest,... read more
- 03:11 'It's not enough, but it's a start' - 11 things you said about NHS...
- 02:58 Roadworks latest: Where to expect delays on Friday, March 23, in...
- 02:47 'Industrial scale' fly-tipping blights Merthyr Tydfil
- 02:43 Government knife crime campaign uses teenagers' true stories
- 02:43 Streets remain cordoned off after Glasgow nightclub fire
- 02:36 Classic Brit awards to make comeback after five-year absence
- 02:29 China considers possible tariffs on $3bn worth of US goods
- 02:29 Tropical Cyclone Nora on track to hit Queensland coast as category...
- 02:14 Donald Trump’s ‘Playboy playmate ex-mistress’ apologizes to Melania...
- 02:06 Worksop man jailed for drink and drug-fuelled attack
- 01:59 Call for buyers to keep Salvador Dalí's lobster phone in UK
- 01:48 China promises to hit US with tariffs as stocks plunge amid fear of...
- 01:46 John Bolton: Bush-era war hawk makes comeback
- 01:45 Worksop man jailed for drink and drug-fuelled attack
- 01:45 Gareth Southgate says England cannot point finger at Russia over...
- 01:41 The Walking Dead's make-up man on the art of gore
- 01:41 Florida shooting: Why I'm marching on Washington DC
- 01:40 Bill Carmichael: The driving force behind Brexit deal
- 01:36 Sellafield Ltd's 11.7 per cent gender pay gap revealed
- 01:36 Hawkshead Brewery founders take top accolade at Cumbria Life Food...
- 01:34 The Yorkshire Post says: May warns EU over Russia - PM seeks...
- 01:33 Donald Trump ‘told Playboy playmate mistress he loved her’
- 01:33 Donald Trump ‘told Playboy playmate mistress he hated using condoms’
- 01:28 Westminster bullying: 'MPs must not discipline one another'
- 01:25 Sellafield Ltd's 11.7 per cent gender pay gap revealed
- 01:25 Hawkshead Brewery founders take top accolade at Cumbria Life Food...
- 01:25 The Yorkshire Post says: House price fears - Shortage of homes in...
- 01:25 The Yorkshire Post says: Stately restoration - Chatsworth reopens...
- 01:23 Drunk friends can’t recall what started brawl in Mansfield town centre
- 01:23 Worksop assault woman’s dog bit female cop