Five dogs died and a woman suffered burns in a County Durham kennel fire
Five dogs died and a woman suffered burns after a fire at a County Durham kennel .
Firefighters were called to a burning shed next to a house on Low Jobs Hill, near Crook, on Monday at around 11.30am.
Three of the dogs have been named as Max, Mitch and Jackson.
They, along with two others, were killed in the fire, despite a volunteer’s best attempts to save them.
It is understood the woman needs skin grafts for her injuries.
Andy Bruce, group manager at County Durham and Darlington Fire and Rescue Service , said: “It was initially reported as a barn fire and then it was ‘persons reported... read more
- 09:54 Japanese robotics startup ZMP to delay Tokyo listing
- 09:54 Road partially blocked after crash near Horncastle
- 09:54 ThyssenKrupp secrets stolen in 'massive' cyber attack this year
- 09:54 So you humiliated yourself at the Christmas party. What next?
- 09:54 Chelsea enter race to sign Southampton defender - reports
- 09:53 The search is on for Junior Miss Lincolnshire
- 09:53 VIDEO: Monster Raving Loony Party leader Howling Laud Hope talks to...
- 09:53 Help save lives – give blood at Grantham sessions
- 09:53 Arrest after 3am 999 caller threatens to enter sea
- 09:53 More trains will stop at Morpeth
- 09:52 Give way to cyclists when turning, says British Cycling
- 09:51 BYPY committee and awards date revealed
- 09:51 More strikes at Topshop depot in Solihull
- 09:50 Risking Beijing's ire, Vietnam begins dredging on South China Sea reef
- 09:50 Brazilian footballer takes first steps after plane crash that...
- 09:48 Son of Mackworth man Geoff Seggie due in court today charged with...
- 09:48 Government to respond in Brexit Supreme Court case
- 09:47 Marks confident Town can recover
- 09:47 Boss Page praises ‘unbelievable’ attitude of Cobblers players ahead...
- 09:46 Convenience of a new bar at Sheffield Town Hall site
- 09:46 Crashes cause delays on South Yorkshire motorway
- 09:46 Olympic athlete and Sheffield charity celebrate young people’s...
- 09:46 The rise of a former Victorian bakery: A dozen flats for sale on...
- 09:46 Tom Hughes not concerned by Scunthorpe RUFC's losing streak
- 09:45 Heartbreaking picture of boy, 7, attacked by bullies as he posted...
- 09:45 Anthony Joshua v Eric Molina: Undercard, start time, TV details and...
- 09:44 Ohio passes bill making abortion illegal as soon as heartbeat is heard
- 09:44 British holiday jet diverted after bomb squad finds suspicious...
- 09:42 Crews tackle fire at commercial building in Bispham
- 09:42 Midwife units see one in four mums transferred by ambulance to...