Five-car collision causes severe traffic congestion on M1
Traffic has been described as "very heavy" and queuing on the M1 northbound after a crash involving five cars.
One lane is closed between junction 24A for Derby, Stoke and East Midlands Airport and junction 25, the A52 for Brian Clough Way to Derby and Nottingham.
Congestion is back to junction 23, which is the A512 to Loughborough.
READ MORE: Possible chaos on A50 as roadworks start Initially, the traffic was held back to allow the emergency services to reach the scene. Currently, lane one of three remains closed.
A Leicestershire police spokesman said that there were no details... read more
- 11:49 Antonio Conte fires warning to his Chelsea players: You must not do...
- 11:49 Vehicle fire closes two lanes on M1
- 11:49 Japanese pool player’s bizarre post-match interview has Twitter in...
- 11:49 John Terry makes bold claim: Chelsea’s rivals should listen up
- 11:49 Only one '£50k' Jane Austen five pound note left - and it's in...
- 11:48 Point at Sheffield United was the best Scunthorpe earned all...
- 11:47 Vehicle fire closes two lanes on M1
- 11:46 Model who dangled 1,000ft off Dubai skyscraper investigated by police
- 11:46 My journey to Miss Bikini Body: Dressing the part is motivating me...
- 11:45 Manchester City target Lionel Messi in £100m deal as superstar's...
- 11:44 Manchester United vs Reading U23s LIVE score and goal updates
- 11:43 Is this the best job in Lincoln? Game testers wanted!
- 11:42 Coventry woman caught carrying three kitchen knives in a public...
- 11:40 Part of M1 closed between J26 and J25 near Derby due to incident
- 11:40 10 things that are stopping you from getting a good night’s sleep
- 11:40 Vehicle fire closes two lanes on M1
- 11:39 Chelsea are a better team when Antonio Conte picks Cesc Fabregas,...
- 11:39 10 things that are stopping you from getting a good night’s sleep
- 11:38 Bad weather puts a dampener on weekly Bakewell market
- 11:38 10 things that are stopping you from getting a good night’s sleep
- 11:38 Vehicle fire closes two lanes on M1
- 11:38 WASPI CAMPAIGN: 1950s women demand action on pensions
- 11:36 Man United News: Woodward’s £1bn plan for Mourinho, £30m Arsenal...
- 11:34 Police to review 484 cases after criminal probe launched at...
- 11:34 This Bicester style village is coming to the Midlands - here's what...
- 11:34 Jordan Veretout: Midfielder on his Aston Villa future and Steve...
- 11:32 Unravelling tales about Edith
- 11:32 The first ever Muslim-friendly ‘modest’ fashion show is taking...
- 11:31 Flooded church reopens its doors to worshippers
- 11:31 Pensioner fighting for life in hospital after being hit by a taxi