Five appliances attend after fire breaks out at 16-storey block of flats in Stockton
Google A fire erupted outside a high rise block of flats last night.
The fire started in the refuse area that sits at the bottom of the 16-storey block, Nolan House, off Alma Street, Stockton.
A spokesperson for Cleveland Fire Brigade said: “We got the initial call at 20.47, and there were five appliances that were sent.
“There was also a hydraulic platform, which is standard for this type of property.
“The fire was in the bin station which was on the ground floor, external to the building.”
The fire brigade were alerted by an automatic fire alarm in the building.
There were no reported... read more
- 00:47 Dr Therese Coffey: Everyone has a part to play to clean up our air
- 00:41 Misconceptions around mental health are making 1 in 4 delay...
- 00:41 'Dangerous' carbon monoxide alarms removed from Amazon and eBay
- 00:39 Church prepares for visiting choral society's concert
- 00:39 The Yorkshire Post says: Pound for pound. Why park cuts should be a...
- 00:39 The Yorkshire Post says: House out of order. Brexit and Commons reform
- 00:39 Bill Carmichael: Battle for Brexit became rout of rebels
- 00:38 Sturgeon to hold talks with UK government
- 00:35 Slideshow: Birkenshaw Christmas lights
- 00:35 Sharks, Moor and Celtic suffer Conference defeats
- 00:30 Migrant children: Pentagon asked to house migrant minors
- 00:26 Part-privatisation of probation sector 'is a mess', MPs say
- 00:24 The UK's rapid return to city centre living
- 00:18 MPs to investigate 'fast fashion' impact
- 00:18 Probation system 'a mess' despite reforms, say MPs
- 00:17 Are Instagram stars facing a brand backlash?
- 00:12 Church of England makes last-minute approach to abuse survivors
- 00:11 Viewpoint: Why the Kashmir government fall is a tragedy
- 00:10 BREAKING: Eurozone nations agree to end Greece austerity with debt...
- 00:06 Quebec City mosque shooter 'not a monster' say parents
- 00:06 Chelsea reportedly agree £31m deal to sign Juventus centre-back...
- 00:05 House of Fraser rescue plan faces vote
- 23:50 Sanderson delighted as 'fantastic day' puts Northants on brink of...
- 23:37 US banks pass financial stress tests
- 23:37 EU tariffs on US goods come into force
- 23:20 Sergio Aguero hits out at Argentina boss Jorge Sampaoli after...
- 23:20 Are any 1990s World Cup stars still playing professional football?
- 23:15 Teen's shock as he sees man being 'attacked' in Greatfield Estate...
- 23:10 Families of white working-class children 'lack drive' of migrants
- 23:06 Shamed MSP Mark McDonald set for one-month suspension without pay...