Fishers Laundry profits hit by ‘year of investment’
Fishers Laundry Group has unveiled an 11 per cent drop in annual profits following a “year of significant investment” for the venerable Fife firm.
The Cupar-based company, which cleans, irons and delivers more than two million items a week, said pre-tax profits for 2015 fell to £2.4 million, down from £2.7m the previous year, as labour costs rose on the back of the national minimum wage and it geared up to launch a “super laundry” in Coatbridge.
The £5m facility, which opened in March, has the capacity to wash and dry about 650,000 items of bed linen and towels a week for hotel customers.... read more
- 10:03 Major Indian airlines ban MP who beat official
- 10:03 Egypt's Hosni Mubarak walks free
- 10:02 College donates Easter eggs to HOPE
- 10:02 PS Plus April 2017 COUNTDOWN: When to expect FULL PlayStation Plus...
- 10:02 Chris Evans SPEAKS OUT on continuing as Captain America after...
- 10:01 Egypt's former leader Mubarak walks free for first time in six...
- 10:01 Boys, 12, suffer horrific facial burns after ‘mucking about’ with...
- 10:01 Infertile Scottish couples to get three chances of free IVF
- 10:00 Amy Schumer 'bummed' over Barbie film departure
- 10:00 Inquest opens into tragic dad Ryan, 24
- 10:00 Deutsche Bank commits to new London office
- 09:59 From Carpool Karaoke to Mrs Brown’s Boys, here’s what you can see...
- 09:59 Llansannan man cleared of raping two women
- 09:58 Police carry out speed checks
- 09:58 Liverpool hijack Chelsea's move for £50m Premier League star
- 09:57 Lewis Hamilton's team-mate Valtteri Bottas will leave Mercedes -...
- 09:57 Fire under Warwick canal bridge
- 09:57 Warwick baker to work on Queen’s wedding cake replica
- 09:56 Lincoln's Muslims condemn 'cowardly' terrorist attack in London
- 09:55 What time is Tom Hardy on CBeebies Bedtime Stories on Mother's Day?
- 09:55 UKIP Leader Paul Nuttall defends comparing Islam to cancer: ‘I’ll...
- 09:55 French Defence Minister sees Raqqa battle starting in coming days
- 09:54 ‘Nationalism is like alcohol - you'll wake up with a hanger' EU...
- 09:54 Westminster attacks: £418k raised for Keith Palmer family
- 09:53 Co-op Bank sale plan attracts suitors
- 09:53 RUMOURS: Manchester United close in on £100m deal for
- 09:53 Exclusive: HSBC to boost China staff by up to 1,000 in 2017, mostly...
- 09:52 Visitors to cemetery will receive daffodils on Mother’s Day to...
- 09:52 Police seize 2,700 items, contact 3,500 witnesses and make two more...
- 09:52 Best Foot Forward: Ripponden, Rishworth and Ryburn