First the ugly adverts, then ugly profits at H&M: Fashion chain blames leftover spring clothing and August sunshine
H&M suffered a bigger-than-expected fall in profits after the late summer heatwave put shoppers off buying its autumn range.
Earlier this week the Swedish fashion chain revealed a controversial advert featuring shaven-headed women and models with hairy armpits.
The High Street retailer said the adverts were supposed to have a message of inclusivity that it hopes will result in increased sales.
But for the period between June 1 and August 31, profits were £570million – down 10 per cent on the same quarter last year and more than the 8 per cent fall analysts had predicted.
RELATED... read more
- 13:35 Revealed: The best Harrogate GP surgeries according to NHS rankings
- 13:35 Nicola Sturgeon: Morrissey should stick to music
- 13:34 Shocked Hucknall residents react to Strathmore Close ‘murder’
- 13:32 Sunderland manager Chris Coleman praises ‘brilliant’ night at...
- 13:31 Theatre Review Bruising consequences of the blitz
- 13:31 Marco Asensio 'has offers’ from Chelsea and Liverpool: Real Madrid...
- 13:31 Live Music Review Really Eggscellent
- 13:31 Live Music Review Sonic boom from the Godfathers
- 13:31 Chris Eubank Jr BLASTED for training just hours after George Groves...
- 13:31 Album Reviews Hopeless romanticism as old as the hills
- 13:31 Cumbrian motorists face 80-mile diversion for just three miles of...
- 13:31 Arsenal handed major boost as Lyon star Nabil Fekir’s agent...
- 13:30 Should you wet your toothbrush before or after squeezing out...
- 13:30 Will the North West’s new £500m trains ease the problems on our...
- 13:29 Benjamin Edwards' sister defends brother in Facebook post after...
- 13:29 Reality Check: Would cutting tuition fees help poorer graduates?
- 13:29 'No shoes or socks' to stop India students from exam cheating
- 13:28 'Barry, why?' Victim abused by Barry Bennell hundreds of times...
- 13:28 Hampshire sign batsman Sam Northeast from Kent on four-year deal
- 13:28 Bayern Munich forward Robert Lewandowski addresses speculation...
- 13:28 Manchester United turned down Chelsea star Eden Hazard because of...
- 13:28 How many countries are there in the world? The number may surprise you
- 13:27 Photos show hundreds of cannabis plants seized in Leeds raid
- 13:27 Man dies while pushing bike along Grantham road
- 13:27 Will the North West’s new £500m trains ease the problems on our...
- 13:25 Entries now open for annual children’s cancer run
- 13:25 Driver ‘lost control’ of £1.2m Ferrari and caused crash that killed...
- 13:25 Who is the woman always at Meghan Markle’s side?
- 13:24 Police seek fish traders who could be working in Doncaster
- 13:24 Woman taken to hospital after falling from bridge in Doncaster