First public tests for driverless cars in Britain hailed a success
Driverless cars have been wheeled out for their first public trial in the UK in a “ground-breaking moment”.
Passengers experienced the premiere trip of the autonomous electric vehicles on the pavements of Milton Keynes.
It is hoped Tuesday morning’s tests will clear the way for cars that operate without human control to make their way on to UK roads.
Business Secretary Greg Clark said: “Today’s first public trials of driverless vehicles in our towns is a ground-breaking moment and further evidence that Britain is at the forefront of innovation.
“The global market for autonomous vehicles... read more
- 16:26 New operator takes charge of popular Carlisle golf course
- 16:26 BBC licence fee to rise to £150.50
- 16:26 When does the old £10 note go out of circulation?
- 16:26 Murder accused told prison inmate he killed Sheffield man over £10k...
- 16:26 Call for FOUR fast trains an hour between Sheffield and Manchester
- 16:25 VIDEO: Hundreds of African children to get shoes thanks to Banbury...
- 16:24 BBC licence fee to rise to £150.50
- 16:24 One child killed in Coventry hit-and-run: What we know so far
- 16:24 Family of fallen soldier left devastated after sentimental items...
- 16:24 The cost of your TV licence is going up - here's what you need to know
- 16:23 The Greens’ best hope is to sign up with Labour
- 16:23 Mother who poisoned and suffocated eight-week-old son is jailed
- 16:23 Chef Novelli applauds Wakefield food ahead of city's rhubarb festival
- 16:22 Consultants criticise 'catastrophic' rise in 12-hour A&E waits
- 16:22 BBC licence fee to rise to £150.50
- 16:21 New Russian stealth fighter spotted in Syria
- 16:21 Eight died in 'avoidable collision' on M1, court told
- 16:21 D-Day veteran gets military honour
- 16:21 Porn on computer: Court finds against French worker over privacy
- 16:21 WATCH: Young man dives from bridge and narrowly avoids hitting THIS
- 16:21 Severn Trent explains why it is taking days to fix a water leak in...
- 16:21 Council Tax for residents in Warwick District set to rise
- 16:20 Chef Novelli applauds Wakefield food ahead of city's rhubarb festival
- 16:19 Germany's Brexit snatch: Deutsche Börse targets Britain’s euro...
- 16:19 Mother who poisoned and suffocated eight-week-old son is jailed
- 16:19 Yes, they did go to the Donna’s Dream House ball
- 16:19 Where to celebrate International Margarita Day
- 16:19 The Under the Hammer column – Hartleys Spring Fine Sale
- 16:18 Clare has enjoyed her beauty role
- 16:18 PGA Tour LIVE stream: How to watch Tiger Woods and co at the Honda...