First phones, now washing machines: Samsung is being sued over exploding household appliances as firm holds emergency talks with safety watchdog
Samsung customers have filed legal papers against the firm after their washing machines exploded.
The legal warning adds pressure to company bosses already reeling from a global recall of its Note 7 smartphone.
Talks are being conducted between the South Korean technology giant and a US safety watchdog over the problem.
Certain top-load washing machines made between March 2011 and April 2016 were affected by the defect which cause explosions.
Mother Melissa Thaxton, from Paulding County, Georgia, said the sound her washing machine made was 'like a bomb going off'. Her four-year-old son was... read more
- 11:02 Wigan neighbours scoop £60,000 on postcode lottery
- 11:02 Doncaster communities gear up for Yorkshire cycle fest
- 11:01 New build homes can save Doncaster homeowners £629 per year on...
- 11:01 NHS Tayside crisis: leadership set-up is ‘high risk’
- 11:00 Leader pays tribute after death of Lichfield councillor
- 11:00 Loyal Paul rewarded for two decades of service
- 11:00 SPECIAL REPORT: Cash-strapped Northamptonshire County Council paid...
- 11:00 Have your say on the future of Northamptonshire's children's centre...
- 10:59 Temperatures could reach 28C in parts of UK
- 10:58 Countdown on for big St George’s Day bash in Lytham
- 10:58 A Word In Your Ear - April 19, 2018
- 10:58 Rugby league finally has a national women’s competition to celebrate
- 10:58 The Thing Is with Steve Canavan
- 10:58 How to succeed at work, according to Elon Musk: Billionaire reveals...
- 10:58 Terrifying moment gangster blasts a sawn-off shotgun at a house in...
- 10:58 Liverpool expected XI: Jurgen Klopp to make changes to his 4-3-3 to...
- 10:57 Gwyneth Paltrow swaps engagement ring for band engraved with Brad...
- 10:56 Police appeal after two burglaries in Horncastle area
- 10:56 Coventry City find site for new training ground - but it's still a...
- 10:56 Anger over rail delays lead to calls for clarity as bosses slam...
- 10:56 Grantham car racing club seeks fresh farmland race track
- 10:56 Four SKDC bosses earn more than £100,000
- 10:55 Buchanan calls for repeat of title-winning spirit, and says ‘this...
- 10:55 Ikea's TaskRabbit app back online after data breach
- 10:55 TalkTalk and Vodafone top complaints chart again
- 10:55 Tradesman appeals for £5k of power tools stolen from locked van in...
- 10:54 Eden Project plans for Morecambe dome site
- 10:54 Anger over rail delays lead to calls for clarity as bosses slam...
- 10:54 Police to investigate Dale Winton’s ‘unexplained’ death
- 10:54 New build homes can save Doncaster homeowners £629 per year on...