First Direct offers the first £50,000 personal loan as the battle for borrowers heats up
First Direct has dealt the latest blow in the personal loan battle, bumping up its borrowing by £20,000 to a whopping £50,000.
Previously borrowers needing a larger sum would have had to turn to methods of borrowing secured against their home which require stringent financial checks.
The HSBC-owned bank charges a headline rate of 6.7 per cent on amounts between £30,000 and £50,000 with repayment terms of between 12 and 84 months.
Loans are offered exclusively to customers with a First Account, which appears in This is Money's round-up of our top five favourite accounts.
The new boosted... read more
- 16:42 Town’s defensive frailties exposed in Tiverton defeat
- 16:41 Man suffers facial injuries following Whitehaven incident
- 16:40 Chance to rent former Second World War aircraft hangar
- 16:40 Knocked out but spurred on: Cumbrian teens determined to make a...
- 16:39 Blackpool Zoo launches its new elephant house
- 16:39 US sanctions Iranian hackers for 'stealing university data'
- 16:39 Manchester City's big stars ended Luke Coulson's dream after 10...
- 16:37 Ayla’s first school flamenco
- 16:37 Traditional Good Friday parade to take place in South Shields
- 16:36 Let’s move to Eastbourne, East Sussex: ‘Things may be changing’
- 16:36 First non-stop flight between UK and Australia set for take-off
- 16:36 'I will not resign': Councillor's vow following disabled insult row
- 16:35 Supermarket chain makes £1.9 million investment and creates 15 new...
- 16:34 Explained: Four major mistakes Alan Pardew has made to West Brom's...
- 16:34 Liverpool goalkeeper linked with Newcastle United move - but would...
- 16:33 Keep off our land, indigenous women tell Ecuador's president
- 16:33 Officers remove bench in Salisbury where Skripals fell ill
- 16:33 Police inspector who dumped wife’s body in lake convicted of murder
- 16:32 Twenty-five England fans arrested in Amsterdam before friendly
- 16:33 Police inspector murdered his detective wife after she rumbled his...
- 16:32 Sunderland, Birmingham City, Middlesbrough, Derby County - Burton...
- 16:32 In Pictures: ‘Power grab’ protesters encricle Scottish Parliament
- 16:32 PROJECT UPDATE: Chorley’s new Youth Zone
- 16:31 A pedlar who was selling goods door-to-door without a certificate...
- 16:29 Ex-fracking protester changed sides to join protesters
- 16:28 Arsenal legend David Seaman makes huge Jack Wilshere prediction
- 16:27 England football fans arrested in Amsterdam after violent clashes
- 16:27 How Harvey Weinstein's accusers are fighting their way back to the top
- 16:27 Clean up your skatepark - or lose it
- 16:26 Olivier Giroud reveals this major frustration since joining Chelsea...