First batch of Glastonbury Festival tickets for next year sell out in 23 minutes
Glastonbury Festival's first batch of tickets for next year's music extravaganza has sold out in just 23 minutes.
The ticket plus coach package opened for sale at 6pm this evening, giving music fans their first opportunity to bag a pass to 2017's festival, but online traffic was so heavy that minutes later, would-be buyers were unable to access the site.
Punters were snapping up tickets at a cost of £238 per person plus a £5 booking fee, plus coach tickets that varied in price from a £21 single from Bath to a £107 return from Glasgow.
This year there are no telephone ticket sales available,... read more
- 18:00 Per Mertesacker shows love for Arsenal with response to signing...
- 17:58 Lucky escape for driver after head-on crash in Goole
- 17:58 Quad bike vandals leave trail of destruction on Leeds golf course
- 17:58 A38 at Branston to remain closed for THREE more hours
- 17:57 Girl, 4, killed after months of cruelty by mother and her...
- 17:57 Obama’s inauguration was very different
- 17:56 Tragic student took own life after being discharged from hospital
- 17:56 Lincoln City v Dover Athletic LIVE - can the Imps thwart Ricky...
- 17:56 Man United boss Jose Mourinho faces decision time: 11 stars could...
- 17:55 Gwynedd man beaten with golf club, stabbed and left unconscious by...
- 17:54 Losing in Iraq, Islamic State seeks to shore up Syria presence
- 17:54 Rocket fired near Istanbul police headquarters - CNN Turk
- 17:54 Teenagers left devastated after five bikes stolen from Tamworth...
- 17:54 Live: Meeting to show support for Cleethorpes Library
- 17:54 Poppy Widdison: Children's Commissioner launches child protection...
- 17:53 Driver killed after lorry overturns and bursts into flames on M42
- 17:52 END OF EU? Brexit is ticking TIME BOMB for eurozone, says Merkel's...
- 17:51 Police at scene of Tunstall High Street collision involving motorbike
- 17:51 Update: Three taken to hospital after three car collision near A34
- 17:51 REVIEW: La Traviata - Royal Opera House
- 17:49 Burnley ace George Boyd being tracked by a host of Premier League...
- 17:49 Crystal Palace remain in the hunt for Arsenal defender Carl Jenkinson
- 17:49 Barcelona midfielder Andres Iniesta ruled out of La Liga trip to...
- 17:49 'A total cluster****' Radical left wing protesters 'try to to...
- 17:46 Tragic student took own life after developing drug psychosis
- 17:46 Firefighters tackle van on fire - road closed
- 17:46 Liverpool FC boss Klopp on Coutinho return and Firmino's form
- 17:45 The secrets to why this is the best chip shop in the Midlands
- 17:45 13 stone weight loss couple offered free places to the Great...
- 17:45 Porsche crashes into Lena's Cafe, West Hampstead