Firms brace for 'largest rates change'
Thousands of firms are about to see "the largest change in a generation" to the amount they pay in business rates.
Companies in England and Wales will find out later what their bill is likely to be for the next five years.
London and parts of the south east face the biggest increase, but will also receive the biggest cushion from a planned transitional period.
Firms in the north of England are set to benefit from lower valuations, but will see their bills fall gradually.
According to John Webber from commercial real estate company Colliers International, the revaluations will be... read more
- 14:55 Long Eaton amputee footballer helps England to tournament win
- 14:55 Challenge your inner warrior
- 14:53 Bronzers from Givenchy, Revlon and Urban Decay
- 14:53 Teenager bitten by raccoon as a baby gets man-made nose and ear
- 14:53 Cash stolen after ram raid at Wellesbourne premises
- 14:52 Novak Djokovic insists Wimbledon is not on his mind after Vasek...
- 14:52 Announce Alvaro Morata! Man Utd fans livid at club and demand...
- 14:52 Thibaut Courtois' agent reveals he met Real Madrid officials and...
- 14:52 Brave Carmel took on racist train thug
- 14:52 Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain to Liverpool: Why the Arsenal star could be...
- 14:49 Nicol: Liverpool FC could still sign Virgil van Dijk
- 14:49 The art of taking the perfect Glastonbury photo
- 14:48 Legendary Liverpool lawyer Rex Makin funeral - updates
- 14:48 Kettering woman pleads not guilty to sexually assaulting young boy
- 14:48 Telegram app agrees to Russian registration, but not to share...
- 14:48 Has Kodi forced Sky Sports to slash prices?
- 14:47 The strange things people put in luggage
- 14:47 What is a miscarriage? Symptoms, causes and what happens after the...
- 14:46 Every Premier League done deal so far this transfer window: What...
- 14:46 Alvaro Morata to Man Utd: Real Madrid star will be enriched by move...
- 14:46 Paddington Bear author Michael Bond dies aged 91
- 14:45 Duckenfield, Bettison and three others could face maximum sentence...
- 14:45 Arsenal ‘doing everything’ to sign Thomas Lemar from Monaco
- 14:44 Who is Naked Attraction's Anna Richardson?
- 14:44 Naked Attraction: What REALLY goes on behind the scenes
- 14:44 Big Sleuth trail of 22 little bear cubs launches at Birmingham...
- 14:44 West Brom at centre of pioneering scheme to build brand in China
- 14:44 Wall St. set to open higher as tech selloff stalls
- 14:44 Islamic State turned on dissenters as Raqqa assault neared
- 14:44 Ribble Valley visit was Royal's most expensive