Firms brace for 'largest rates change'
Thousands of firms are about to see "the largest change in a generation" to the amount they pay in business rates.
Companies in England and Wales will find out later what their bill is likely to be for the next five years.
London and parts of the south east face the biggest increase, but will also receive the biggest cushion from a planned transitional period.
Firms in the north of England are set to benefit from lower valuations, but will see their bills fall gradually.
According to John Webber from commercial real estate company Colliers International, the revaluations will be... read more
- 14:51 Biggest Weekend: Rita Ora pays tribute to Avicii
- 14:50 Liverpool legend makes damning prediction about Loris Karius...
- 14:49 French unions accused of 'passive complicity' in protest violence
- 14:49 Abusive booze-fuelled reveller had to be restrained by police in a...
- 14:45 Manchester United transfer target Mario Mandzukic wants Premier...
- 14:45 Fishergate bollard claims another victim with fuel spill
- 14:43 Abusive booze-fuelled reveller had to be restrained by police in a...
- 14:42 Colombia votes in first presidential poll since Farc deal
- 14:41 Abusive booze-fuelled reveller had to be restrained by police in a...
- 14:37 It’s time to ban phones from gym changing rooms once and for all
- 14:35 Prisoners are ‘throwing poo out of windows because there are...
- 14:34 England vs Barbarians live stream: Is Twickenham match available...
- 14:33 Johanna Konta vs Yulia Putintseva LIVE: British No. 1 begins French...
- 14:33 Police 'concerned for welfare' on missing Doncaster girl
- 14:32 Mutiny Festival cancels last day after two dead and 15 hospitalised
- 14:31 Delivery driver’s finger ripped off in horrific dog attack
- 14:28 Hundreds take part in Jarrow festival
- 14:22 Middle-class cocaine users ‘are to blame for gang deaths in London’
- 14:19 Winding pathways and tranquil spots and other Neighbourhood News
- 14:19 Spain struggling to deal with escalating migration crisis
- 14:19 Ethiopia to release British man held in death row since 2014
- 14:17 Damage caused as burglars target Bijou nightclub in Bingley
- 14:14 Tempting aromas of fine artisan food and drink draws in the crowds...
- 14:14 Elina Svitolina reveals improvement plan after first-round French...
- 14:12 Nabil Fekir: Liverpool transfer update issued by Lyon star on...
- 14:09 F1 LIVE: Monaco Grand Prix
- 14:08 Police 'concerned' about man missing from Wigan
- 14:07 PNE retro game - when North End hit Chesterfield for six
- 14:06 Bangladesh anti-drug operation leads to dozens of deaths
- 14:04 First-ever ‘Drive It Day’ for car club and other Neighbourhood News