Fireworks display cancelled due to insurance fears
A popular firework night has been cancelled for the first time in 29 years after an insurance firm raised concerns the bonfire would be too near buildings.
Ingham Village Hall bonfire night, traditionally held at the parish council playing field on November 5 for almost three decades. But it has been called off due to a change in insurance conditions for organisers.
The cannot go ahead because insurers are concerned the bonfire would be within 100 metres of buildings, including houses and a school.
READ MORE: Christmas? Leave it people there's more than 100 days to go
Former chairman of... read more
- 09:14 Appeal to find relatives of Hartlepool man who has died
- 09:13 U.N. chief urges Burundi parties to participate in peace talks
- 09:13 Big Pink Dress charity champ to walk Sunderland 10k course
- 09:13 Philippine leader's opponents turn historic event into protest march
- 09:13 Homeless charity’s £250,000 boost for new South Shields house
- 09:13 South Tyneside ranked 82 worst in England and Wales for shoplifting
- 09:12 WEATHER: Patchy rain and heavy cloud
- 09:10 Health board snoops punishing staff for being critical of NHS on...
- 09:10 Foodies turn out to Hoghton Farmers’ Market despite bad weather
- 09:10 WARNING - GRAPHIC PICTURES: Derbyshire man suffers horrific burns...
- 09:10 WEATHER: Patchy rain and heavy cloud
- 09:09 BADMINTONscotland ask who will follow Hamilton ace Kirsty Gilmour...
- 09:09 Lanark Amateur Swimming Club take medals and a record from the West...
- 09:09 Hamilton Judo Club youths take nine medals from Kendal Open
- 09:07 Heartbreaking moment dog helps to bury his dead brother after he’s...
- 09:07 ‘Council must be ambitious despite government funding cuts’, says...
- 09:07 Delight as fundraising total in memory of Liam Gough tops £18,500
- 09:06 Rugby league club is soaring with new partnership
- 09:06 Plenty of support for school’s careers fair
- 09:05 Cracking chocolate fundraiser for Coningsby & Tattershall Lions
- 09:05 7 stunning cities you can fly to for less than £100
- 09:05 Fit in 4: The 5-minute Pilates routine that carves your core
- 09:04 Magpie Cafe fish recipe: Hake with garlic and spinach gratin
- 09:03 Fighting for Tony: the Cumbrian fightback starts here
- 09:03 KPMG decides to close down Preston office
- 09:02 Manchester United vs Southampton, EFL Cup final High Court: Which...
- 09:02 WATCH: 10 of the most viewed Storm Doris videos
- 09:01 North East news LIVE: Latest breaking news, sport, weather, traffic...
- 08:59 Muhammad Ali’s son detained by immigration staff and repeatedly...
- 08:59 Toothless Michael Wright who roams Pearson Park wanted by police