Firewalk fundraisers see brave dozens walk over coals - pictures
Dozens of brave people stepped up for a fundraising firewalk in Cleethorpes.
The 'willing' volunteers signed up to raise money for When You Wish Upon A Star, the charity that helps fulfil dreams for children with life-limiting illnesses and which organises a Christmas trip each year for dozens of local youngsters.
Each had to raise a minimum of £120 in sponsorship and pay a £20 fee to talk part.
The event took place at Cromwell Banqueting Suite in the resort and, after a training session as the firepit was lit, the brave participants then stepped up, one by one, to walk over the hot coals.... read more
- 13:06 Theo Walcott hat-trick, Laurent Koscielny own goal and Reading...
- 13:06 Bastian Schweinsteiger can help Manchester United out of current...
- 13:06 Oaksway netball star Leah Kennedy jets off after receiving last...
- 13:06 Multiple motoring offences admitted by Melton man
- 13:05 Greek, Turkish Cypriots to discuss territory trade offs in November
- 13:05 Bollore executive says speed a factor in Cameroon accident, train...
- 13:05 Pitch in your vote to help grant bid
- 13:05 Charity foundation will be caring Josh's lasting legacy
- 13:03 Aldi set to open first store in Rutland - with special golden...
- 13:02 Monte Paschi sub debt rallies on liability management proposal
- 13:02 VIDEO - Check out the world’s first airbag for cyclists
- 13:02 'Sick crew' BA jet diverted to Vancouver
- 13:01 Fall in number of crimes and anti-social behaviour incidents...
- 13:01 Biker relives horrifying moment he fell head-first on rocks and...
- 13:01 Support growing for finalists in contest
- 13:01 Thug who battered partner to death after finding her in bed with...
- 13:01 Beijing threatens legal action over webcam claims
- 13:01 Smartwatch sales show sharp decline, report finds
- 13:00 Family’s mission to help others
- 13:00 Bastian Schweinsteiger can lift Manchester United - Manuel Neuer
- 13:00 Chris Ashton to join Toulon from Saracens at the end of this season
- 13:00 Henrikh Mkhitaryan was supposed to show that Manchester United can...
- 12:59 Reunion event for workers of Bloom & Billet Mill set to take place
- 12:59 Season's first seal pups born at Lincolnshire nature reserve
- 12:59 What would happen if a nuclear bomb hit Scunthorpe?
- 12:59 Scunthorpe United look for good away following at Charlton Athletic...
- 12:59 Last tenant moves out as bulldozers are set to move in on Albert...
- 12:59 Government commits to using UK steel after giving backing to...
- 12:59 Anniversary for family run Whaley Bridge company
- 12:58 Biker relives horrifying moment he fell head-first on rocks and...