Fireman is sacked after post-traumatic stress disorder leaves him unable to perform front-line duties
A fireman left traumatised by the death of a colleague has been sacked for not being ‘capable’ of doing front-line duties.
Andy Graham, 51, who has 29 years service has been living with post-traumatic stress disorder for most of his career.
The debilitating condition was triggered by horrific incidents he attended as a young fireman in the 80s.
After suffering a mental breakdown in the 90s he returned to work but was at the Oldham Street blaze in Manchester city centre which claimed the life of firefighter Stephen Hunt in 2013.
He was so badly affected by Stephen’s death he went off work... read more
- 10:43 Kids describe their dream homes
- 10:43 Pendle Jazzmen thrill at The Inn on the Wharf
- 10:42 Police want to trace these woman as part of probe into theft from...
- 10:42 New top cop wants a ‘first class response’ for Fylde and Wyre
- 10:40 We name and shame the people who have been in court
- 10:40 Work on new £3.5m Ongo office gets underway
- 10:39 Everton ace to discuss future with Ronald Koeman as West Ham and...
- 10:38 Why Yorkshire folk still prefer to pay and display with cash
- 10:38 Two crews attend kitchen fire in Louth
- 10:38 New top cop wants a ‘first class response’ for Fylde and Wyre
- 10:38 South Shore crews called to extractor fan fire
- 10:38 Trinity Walk’s celebrates fifth birthday with a record-breaking year
- 10:37 University students urged to get vaccinated against meningitis and...
- 10:37 Woman punched in the face by man in Kettering
- 10:37 Liverpool FC boss Klopp's dig at 'long-ball' Manchester United
- 10:37 David Beckham pays tribute to Manchester United staff member who...
- 10:37 Man dies following head-on crash on the A361 near Daventry
- 10:37 Trinity Walk’s celebrates fifth birthday with a record-breaking year
- 10:37 Everton FC fans witness Tom Davies' coming of age
- 10:37 ‘I’m allergic to my husband’
- 10:37 'Under Dean Keates there is a team forming' - Wrexham AFC fans give...
- 10:37 Mexico BPM music festival: Reports of shootings in clubs
- 10:37 'Anne Frank link' unearthed at Sobibor camp
- 10:37 Egypt court upholds ruling halting transfer of islands to Saudi Arabia
- 10:37 Council’s fight for cash to repair Doncaster’s damaged roads
- 10:37 Mold Festival of Light is a dazzling success
- 10:36 Inquest into Staffordshire and Derbyshire couple killed in Tunisia...
- 10:36 Netflix customers targeted in phishing scam which aims to steal...
- 10:36 Italy discussing its budget problems with EU - Treasury official
- 10:36 Council’s fight for cash to repair Doncaster’s damaged roads