Firefighters spend two hours battling Barrow chimney blaze



Crews from Barrow and Walney were called to the house in Langdale Grove in Barrow at around 10pm last night after the occupant reported a fire inside their chimney. A wood burner had been lit and blockages inside the chimney caused a fire to start.
The two fire crews, as well as an aerial ladder platform, were on scene until after midnight fighting the fire. Ulverston's fire crew manned the station in Barrow to provide cover.
Fire bosses in Barrow warned homeowners who have coal fires or wood burners to ensure they are swept regularly.
Here are some top tips for safer chimneys
- Keep... read more

 
6 October 2016 in Regional North West , Views: 29
Share:
  •  





    News Widget for Webmasters



    Bring Eugene's son back home immediately

    Realtime News

     

    «
    »
    Mo Tu We Th Fr Sa Su
          1 2 3 4
    5 6 7 8 9 10 11
    12 13 14 15 16 17 18
    19 20 21 22 23 24 25
    26 27 28 29 30 31