Firefighters save 16-year-old from top floor of Huddersfield multi-storey
A 16-year-old boy who climbed onto the top floor of a Huddersfield multi-storey car park told firefighters he had been chased by youths.
Firefighters were called out at 3pm yesterday to the Alfred Street car park.
Huddersfield Fire Station Crew Commander Gary Hale said: “The top floor is disused and the ramps have been barricaded off to stop people driving up but this lad had gone up through the car park and climbed out.
“We broke the padlocks off that security had temporarily put on and he walked down.
“It was a 50ft to 60ft drop, a long drop and a very dangerous place to be.
“He was given... read more
- 13:14 Germany legend Lothar Matthaus reveals the quality Robert...
- 13:14 Manchester United to face Russian side Rostov in the Europa League
- 13:14 China names southwestern city's former mayor to top legislative...
- 13:13 Corbyn won’t consider his position after historic defeat
- 13:12 27 things that seriously p*ss off anyone who works in a shop
- 13:12 West Brom selection dilemma: The team Tony Pulis could play against...
- 13:12 Couple fined after refusing to remove racist graffiti from their home
- 13:12 Leicester went from top-of-the-world to down-on-their-luck under...
- 13:12 Households paying the price for broken energy sector as electricity...
- 13:12 “Holy cr*p, people are stupid:” Walking Dead actor blasts minister...
- 13:12 Interactive map of the UK reveals the worst motorists by region...
- 13:12 Young dad-to-be who died suddenly will be buried with unborn baby...
- 13:10 Jewellery Quarter office block sold for £9.3m
- 13:10 John Lewis places 770 jobs under threat
- 13:09 Wigston Elvis impersonator stole mother in law's funeral...
- 13:09 Former Home Secretary Lord Waddington dies at age of 87
- 13:09 Where to taste craft beer in Leicester this weekend
- 13:09 Storm Doris: Dramatic dashcam footage captures moment large tree...
- 13:08 Watford v West Ham TV channel, kick-off time, odds and recent meetings
- 13:07 Eleven players sign new deals at Saints
- 13:07 Saints make just one change for Worcester Warriors clash
- 13:07 University is on top of the world
- 13:07 13 of the most dramatic photos from Storm Doris in Nottingham
- 13:07 Chaos as ambulances forced to divert away from Chorley A&E at night
- 13:07 Prosecco pancakes? Yes, they are a thing and here's how to make them
- 13:07 Appeal after theft of medication from car in Lancaster
- 13:07 Manchester United handed nightmare draw against Rostov in Europa...
- 13:07 Yoga in kilts is a cheeky success
- 13:06 Garden village plans spark interest from housing groups
- 13:06 Vietnamese goalkeeper who protested dodgy penalty by letting...