‘Fireball’ engulfed tragic pensioner
0 Have your say A pensioner died from 70-80 per cent burns after he was “consumed in a fireball” as he lit a blow torch style weed killer tool.
Francis Dunlop (86), known as Frank, spilled gas onto his clothing while fitting the canister onto the Kill Weed in his garage, an inquest heard.
At this point Mr Dunlop was consumed in a fireball which engulfed his person. Deputy divisional fire commander Ian Woods Mr Dunlop couldn’t get the tool’s built-in ignition system to work and, while gas was still escaping, he went off to fetch a hand-held lighter and returned to light the Kill Weed and set... read more
- 14:10 Ribble Valley MP calls for 'lasting memorial' to victims of terror...
- 14:10 Everton agree deal for new stadium site
- 14:09 New hotel on cards for Chester business quarter
- 14:09 Unique project aims to revitalise Blyth’s market
- 14:08 Paul Ince to Middlesbrough: Former England star reacts to...
- 14:09 London attack: Reaction from North-East politicians
- 14:09 ISIS says it was behind London terror attack
- 14:08 Sebastian Vettel reveals Ferrari expectations ahead of Australian...
- 14:08 Gareth Southgate hails Liverpool and Tottenham duo after Germany...
- 14:08 THIS is as crucial as BLOOD pressure for heart health - but do YOU...
- 14:08 ISIS says it was behind London terror attack
- 14:07 More support for victims of domestic abuse in Derbyshire
- 14:07 A DRIVING FORCE: On the road with patient transport volunteer - VIDEO
- 14:07 Man found dead in Wetherpoon toilets by cleaner next day
- 14:06 YP Letters: Why shale gas could transform rural life for the better
- 14:07 ISIS says it was behind London terror attack
- 14:06 YP Letters: High-speed train proves a brain drain
- 14:06 YP Letters: Computers get in way between GP and patient
- 14:06 Fleetwood midfielder George Glendon still available for selection...
- 14:06 Erdogan says Bulgaria's pressure on Turks "unacceptable"
- 14:06 Cheers from wedding guests after door dilemma makes Emily and...
- 14:05 Second Birmingham flat raided over London terror attack
- 14:05 Over one million UK homeowners on wrong mortgage deal
- 14:05 Time to reward our dedicated volunteers
- 14:05 Everton transfer target admits he fancies move to big club
- 14:04 Peter is Spalding’s Cake King for World Autism Awareness Week
- 14:04 Dogs rescued after house fire
- 14:04 Fancy getting a fossil named after you like David Attenborough?...
- 14:04 Westminster Bridge re-opens less than 24 hours after terror attack
- 14:04 Woman calls out man who suggests her breastfeeding is ‘too far’...