‘Fireball’ engulfed tragic pensioner
0 Have your say A pensioner died from 70-80 per cent burns after he was “consumed in a fireball” as he lit a blow torch style weed killer tool.
Francis Dunlop (86), known as Frank, spilled gas onto his clothing while fitting the canister onto the Kill Weed in his garage, an inquest heard.
At this point Mr Dunlop was consumed in a fireball which engulfed his person. Deputy divisional fire commander Ian Woods Mr Dunlop couldn’t get the tool’s built-in ignition system to work and, while gas was still escaping, he went off to fetch a hand-held lighter and returned to light the Kill Weed and set... read more
- 12:23 Mercedes chief reveals why Lewis Hamilton and Valtteri Bottas could...
- 12:23 Roger Federer: Dubai Tennis Championship appearance in doubt as...
- 12:23 Pendle in bid to breakaway from Lancashire County Council
- 12:23 Victims of bungling robber speak of their ordeal
- 12:23 Time for a little horse therapy
- 12:23 Spurned teen armed himself with bat and went to attack love rival
- 12:23 Arsenal to take on AC Milan in last-16 of Europa League
- 12:22 Leaders defend decision to increase council tax again in Hartlepool
- 12:22 Yorkshire hotel named one of Britain's most romantic
- 12:21 Councillors feel CCTV is solution to concerns over youth shelter
- 12:21 Prison recycling scheme to help homeless people
- 12:21 Blackpool pub to re-open after council purchase
- 12:21 Club rallies to help war memorial repair
- 12:21 From dental nurse to electrician, there are plenty of jobs...
- 12:21 Stephen Fry recovering from prostate cancer surgery
- 12:21 Village school celebrates reaching gold standard
- 12:21 Film Of The Week Cold comfort farm
- 12:21 'I am sorry I love you all' Heartbreaking final message from young...
- 12:20 Argos jewellery experts coming to Birmingham to help Mother's Day...
- 12:20 West Brom team news update includes the latest on Kieran Gibbs,...
- 12:20 Why changes are coming to Birmingham City's summer transfer...
- 12:20 Grantham Museum to lose its famous bouncing bomb exhibit
- 12:20 Pendle in bid to breakaway from Lancashire County Council
- 12:20 I am struggling with dating since leaving a conservative religion
- 12:20 Gritters are prepared for cold snap
- 12:20 A tea towel and cash among the things stolen from Carlisle home
- 12:20 Watch mass brawl break out at Headingley bar
- 12:19 What happens to your baby in the first hour of their life?
- 12:19 Time to nominate for Community Star Award
- 12:18 The Magic Numbers set to perform at the arts centre