Fire service tackle chimney blaze at Sair Inn just days after death of landlord Ron Crabtree
Fire fighters were called to The Sair Inn to tackle a blaze just days after the death of its legendary landlord.
Crews attended the fire at the Linthwaite tavern shortly before 9pm on Thursday evening after fire struck the building’s chimneys.
No-one was hurt in the blaze, which came four days after landlord Ron Crabtree died after battling cancer on Sunday.
Tributes came pouring in for Ron as news broke of his passing this week.
Date set for funeral of Sair Inn legend Ron Crabtree
His funeral has been set for 2pm at Huddersfield Crematorium on Tuesday, October 25.
Crew Commander Stewart... read more
- 15:10 Top honour for D-day Navy veteran Walter
- 15:10 Leamington entrepreneur to launch competitive gaming leagues
- 15:10 Conference's £200,000 boost to city economy
- 15:10 Hallam Fields: Parents dismay new £4m Birstall school will...
- 15:09 Amazon, health stocks weigh on S&P, Nasdaq; Chevron lifts Dow
- 15:09 Venezuelan opposition strike patchy amid government threats
- 15:09 Residents' group launches Heathrow legal challenge amid 'apparent...
- 15:09 Scott Brown ran the show against Man City and he can do same for...
- 15:09 WATCH: Burton Albion unveil new £1 million 3G pitch
- 15:08 Kenya bans clipboards to curb exam cheating at schools
- 15:08 Doncaster runners urged to support charity
- 15:08 Killed driver was five times over limit
- 15:08 Accused Derby man Dominic Halliday-Fox made to wait in Swadlincote...
- 15:07 Council letter accidentally directs residents to hardcore porn site
- 15:07 Father who disappeared 23 years ago found living 1,000 miles away...
- 15:07 Site’s new building had housewives cooking on gas
- 15:07 Super Cubs celebrate highest possible achievement awards
- 15:07 Slugs have picked up a new bad habit because life in Britain is tough
- 15:07 Buxton B&B wins prestigious award for service
- 15:06 Brothers raped street drinker in front of their own sleeping mother
- 15:05 Site’s new building had housewives cooking on gas
- 15:05 Police revealing all calls they deal with today on Twitter
- 15:05 Two women were assaulted in a Chesterfield nightclub
- 15:04 Site’s new building had housewives cooking on gas
- 15:04 Owner achieves lifelong dream with opening of new ladies boutique...
- 15:04 Top honour for D-day Navy veteran Walter
- 15:04 Man slapped in the face in Northampton town centre
- 15:02 Barcelona manager Luis Enrique defends former teammate Pep...
- 15:02 Pep Guardiola expresses concern at Manchester City's poor form...
- 15:02 Bawtry Post Office set to move location