Fire crews stage two hour horse rescue
Firefighters from Wigan and Leigh rescued a horse from a waterlogged ditch in a late night rescue mission.
Crews were called to a location off Newton Road in Lowton just after midnight on Monday.
The 12-hand horse had become trapped in a ditch which was three foot deep with mud and water.
It was eventually freed after a two hour effort with firefighters using slings to raise the horse out.
A spokesman for Greater Manchester Fire and Rescue Service said a vet was called to assess the animal’s condition.
Have you got something to share on the story? Were you there? What do you think? - Send... read more
- 07:17 Liverpool legend John Aldridge SLAMS Reds' performance against Swansea
- 07:15 Diabetes type 2 - Lower your risk by taking these 8p a day vitamins
- 07:15 Dementia symptoms: Lower your risk of Alzheimer’s disease by eating...
- 07:14 RISE AND SHINE: Start your day with us
- 07:12 Man Utd news: Jose Mourinho’s former Chelsea scout reveals Alexis...
- 07:12 Chelsea news LIVE updates: Dzeko and Palmieri deals, Courtois...
- 07:12 Emre Can to Juventus: Liverpool star suggested to have gone behind...
- 07:12 I hope that common sense will prevail
- 07:11 This historic city centre building could be soon revamped into a hotel
- 07:11 Hull Live Breaking news, traffic and travel from Hull and East...
- 07:11 Charity status for society means conservation of village windmill...
- 07:09 Live updates as fire and oil spill closes lanes on M1
- 07:08 Anglers fear permit price hike will hit habitat creation
- 07:07 Fallen tree causing heavy traffic on A38 near Derby
- 07:05 Lawyer who took off her hijab in protest goes missing in Iran
- 07:03 RISE AND SHINE: Start your day with us
- 07:02 Best park
- 07:01 What to eat when you can’t stand tofu this Veganuary
- 07:01 Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang to Arsenal: Deal hinges on Olivier...
- 07:00 Men arrested over theft of parking meter in Doncaster
- 07:00 Blackpool's Lucy Fallon wins at National Television Awards
- 07:00 Heartbroken mum of missing Michael Brooks makes desperate appeal
- 06:58 Millennials spend 10 hours a week swiping their way through...
- 06:57 M1 traffic: Lorry fire and oil spillage causing long delays near...
- 06:57 Tennys Sandgren hits out at alt-right movement reports after...
- 06:56 Simona Halep sets up Angelique Kerber semi-final after cruising...
- 06:56 More support would be just the business
- 06:56 Britons ‘to live longer but suffer more diseases’
- 06:56 Sunderland teachers take 3,800 days off due to stress
- 06:56 Sunderland researchers urged Metro passengers to step out for fitness