‘Finn’s Law’ petition calling for attack on police dog to be classed as attempted murder gains thousands of signatures
A petition calling for police dogs and horses to be treated the same as police officers in the eyes of the law has gained more than 14,000 signatures after PD Finn was stabbed by an armed robber.
The Beds, Herts and Cambs Police Dog Finn required emergency surgery after being stabbed trying to apprehend a man suspected of robbing a taxi driver at gunpoint. His handler PC Dave Wardell was also injured in the incident on October 5.
PD Finn received stab wounds to his head, and also his chest. The stab wound to his chest perforated his lung by eight inches, and required complex surgery that... read more
- 00:01 Be fierce, furious, and fight! Join the Raccoons of the Resistance!
- 00:01 Enough navel-gazing. It’s time Labour got back to work
- 00:01 Stoke shows how to destroy Ukip – split the alienated voters and...
- 00:01 The parallels between Scottish nationalism and racism are clear
- 00:01 George Freeman’s dismissal of anxiety is pig-ignorance and must be...
- 00:01 The Guardian view on George W Bush: a welcome return
- 00:01 The Guardian view on disability benefits: head versus heart
- 00:01 The Guardian view on management consultants: the trick is confidence
- 00:01 Article 50 day won't be cut-off date for EU migrants, No 10 suggests
- 00:01 Sir Gerald Kaufman obituary
- 00:01 Peter Hain: hard Brexit puts Northern Ireland peace process at risk
- 00:01 Gerald Kaufman’s stellar PMQs moment
- 00:01 Better election results ahead for the Green party?
- 00:01 EU urged to end cooperation with Sudan after refugees whipped and...
- 00:01 Don't threaten to cut intelligence ties in Brexit talks, UK warned
- 00:01 BBC orders investigation into claims of aggressive TV licence...
- 00:01 Tributes paid to 'iconic' Labour MP Sir Gerald Kaufman
- 00:01 DUP braced to lose seats in Northern Ireland assembly elections
- 00:01 Chairman of housing association behind 'substandard' development...
- 00:01 Deported woman's family say Amber Rudd lacks compassion
- 00:01 May adviser regrets saying benefits should only go to 'really...
- 00:01 NHS data loss: 500 patients may have suffered serious harm
- 00:01 John Major attacks government over approach to Brexit
- 00:01 Clive Lewis denies registering websites for Labour leadership bid
- 23:59 George Thomason obituary
- 23:59 PPE is a degree that looks forward, not back
- 23:59 10 things teachers want to say to parents, but can't
- 23:59 No grammar schools, lots of play: the secrets of Europe’s top...
- 23:59 Parents: not happy about something at school? Here’s how to complain
- 23:59 Top 10 podcasts to help you learn a language