Finance chief at UK software firm sacked staff who queried false accounts
A top software executive fiddled his firm's accounts and sacked staff who opposed him in a bid to secure an £8.7billion sale, court papers claim.
Sushovan Hussain, former finance director of British tech firm Autonomy, is facing fraud charges in the US over his company's ill-fated takeover by industry giant Hewlett-Packard in 2011.
HP wrote off £7.1billion less than a year later, claiming false accounting had effectively lured it into buying a dud business. Autonomy's bosses denied the suggestion, saying HP was seeking to shift the blame for its own mistakes.
Hussain denies the charges... read more
- 12:25 Dr Martens boosted by rising full-year sales and profits after Asia...
- 12:25 Awkward moment Ben Shephard grills Davood Ghadami over Strictly...
- 12:25 Louise Redknapp ‘house-hunting’ in London with new BFF Daisy Lowe
- 12:24 How record signing Matej Vydra has emerged from the shadows at...
- 12:24 Toback: 200 more women contact LA Times about harassment
- 12:24 MP says local taxpayers should not pay to police national fracking...
- 12:24 Kelly Clarkson: 'When I was really skinny I wanted to kill myself'
- 12:24 Halloween in The Octagon shopping centre in Burton this half term
- 12:23 Burton Albion players to raise money for Children in Need with...
- 12:23 Why armed police officers are also 999 life-savers
- 12:23 Lincolnshire has second biggest pothole problem in East Midlands
- 12:21 Fantastic! Poppy Prom tops £40,000 to support our war veterans
- 12:20 £300k investment in Chester car dealership site
- 12:20 Train fire caused disruption between Chester and Crewe
- 12:20 Budding Barra footballer makes 320-mile round-trip to mainland for...
- 12:20 Hundreds of jobs up for grabs in and around Derbyshire
- 12:20 Man City vs Wolves: Guardiola's dilemma; Nuno's positive approach;...
- 12:19 Michael Winner: Coronation Street actress claims director told her...
- 12:19 Leicester drop plans to appeal Adrien Silva's registration to CAS...
- 12:19 Company donates defibrillator to community
- 12:19 Daydreaming brain network used in autopilot
- 12:18 Last ever Inspector George Gently episode gets its TV date - find...
- 12:17 Ulverston man to appear in court after alleged £16,000 theft
- 12:17 Three inch pocket knife lands man in court
- 12:17 Alleged heroin and crack cocaine dealer in Barrow to appear in court
- 12:17 Driver accused of not paying for petrol three times in Barrow
- 12:17 'David and Goliath' victory stops hundreds of homes being built at...
- 12:17 PICTURES: 31 stone Sheffield man to star in new TV show filmed at...
- 12:17 Company donates defibrillator to community
- 12:16 Rotary Club of Melton Belvoir and Rotary Club of Melton Mowbray...