FINALLY! Rip-off charges to access pension cash to be capped
Excessive so-called early exit charges from some providers have been acting as a barrier to over 55s wanting to make the most of pension reforms introduced last year.
But from March 31, 2017, pension firms will not be able to levy more than one per cent of the pot's value in fees, while charges already below the cap will not be allowed to increase after this date.
Savers who enter personal pension schemes from April next year will not be subject to any charges at all.
However, critics said all charges should be completely scrapped.
Tom Selby, senior analyst at AJ Bell, said: "The cap... read more
- 14:01 Staffordshire Police rated 'good' following inspection by HMIC
- 14:01 QMC issues second 'black alert' of winter following 'unprecedented'...
- 13:58 Watch moment callous thief stole Poppy Appeal tin from Loughborough...
- 13:57 MP moves colleagues to tears after revealing she was raped at 14
- 13:56 Wild child Kendall Jenner turns heads in leopard print fur coat and...
- 13:56 Did Amanda Seyfried just confirm she's having a boy? Pregnant...
- 13:56 'He's happy to see me unhappy': Dermot O'Leary reveals he clashed...
- 13:56 100 Women 2016: Russia's female role models across the divide
- 13:56 Over 400 claims of police abusing power for sexual gain in two...
- 13:56 Warning over speeding ticket email scam
- 13:56 Make-up free Margot Robbie flaunts her slim pins in a boho...
- 13:56 Santa Paws 2016: Meet some of your festive friends
- 13:56 Sofia Vergara: US actress faces lawsuit 'from own embryos'
- 13:56 Middle class bread wars: Gail’s opens next to Le Pain Quotidien
- 13:55 Craig Kieswetter hoping to earn a place on golf's European Tour...
- 13:55 Warning over speeding ticket email scam
- 13:55 REVEALED: Arsenal are most likely to face nightmare draw against...
- 13:55 Song for Christmas: Police safety message top of the cops!
- 13:55 MP reveals she’s been raped in emotional speech to Parliament
- 13:55 Michelle Thomson’s rape survivor story moves MPs to tears
- 13:54 Child car seats recalled
- 13:53 Man dies after being hit by train in Whitwell
- 13:53 Phew! Mild weather on the cards for Staffordshire and Black Country
- 13:53 Striker urges Chelsea star to join him at Premier League rivals
- 13:53 Cheers! You can get a pint as you pop to this village post office
- 13:53 Premier League's worst value players: Who is costing their club the...
- 13:53 Bookies make Chelsea favourites to seal mega Premier League raid
- 13:52 Warning after cold call scam
- 13:52 Hubby who attacked wife over old flame is given a community order
- 13:52 Troubled son stole PS4 from dad to buy drugs