Film industry tax avoiders face multi-million pound bill
Investors in a financing scheme aimed at helping the UK film industry are being asked to repay "multiple millions of pounds" following a court ruling.
HMRC is pursuing investors in the Eclipse scheme, including celebrities, financiers and sports stars, for up to 20 times their original investment.
Courts ruled that the film investment partnership was in reality a tax avoidance scheme.
But an advisor to many of the investors said some of them now face bankruptcy.
Film industry investment Nick Wood, a partner at Newport Tax Management, said: "There are a large number of people... read more
- 07:21 Real Madrid news: Karim Benzema sends message to haters and gives...
- 07:19 England name team to take on Australia in Ashes opener as Jake Ball...
- 07:19 Flood alerts issued for Cumbria
- 07:19 Does Canada celebrate thanksgiving? When and why do they do it?
- 07:17 Colin Montgomery: Politicians who should go on Casualty and Beechgrove
- 07:17 Leader comment: Single Market may be UK’s single option for Brexit
- 07:16 Liverpool news: WATCH Naby Keita score stunning goal for RB Leipzig...
- 07:16 Liverpool news: Frank Lampard makes bold Premier League and...
- 07:16 Chelsea news: Antonio Conte has the future of Stamford Bridge at...
- 07:16 Ashes: England reveal team for first Test as Jake Ball gets the nod...
- 07:16 Red flags everyone should look out for when they’re dating
- 07:15 Singer and actor David Cassidy dies aged 67
- 07:14 Singer and actor David Cassidy dies aged 67
- 07:13 Sellafield workers strike today in row over pay
- 07:13 Hull Live: Breaking News, traffic and travel from Hull and East...
- 07:13 Shrimps can’t keep failing to fire
- 07:11 Sellafield workers strike today in row over pay
- 07:11 Funerals, birthdays and potentially even his own wedding -...
- 07:10 Australian school apologises for 'suggestive' saint statue
- 07:09 Man City manager Pep Guardiola reacts to Feyenoord win and Phil...
- 07:09 Manchester United predicted line up vs Basel
- 07:09 Singer and actor David Cassidy dies aged 67
- 07:07 The TGI Fridays tug-of-war: Kingswood and city centre tussle over...
- 07:06 Road near Kirkham closed after flooding
- 07:05 Uuganaa Ramsay: Equality and fairness? People with disability are...
- 07:05 James Cant: We’re saving more babies with heart defects thanks to...
- 07:02 Skype removed from China Apple and Android app stores
- 07:02 Manchester United target Antoine Griezmann drops bombshell:...
- 07:02 WWII Spitfire recovered from Owersby field
- 07:02 Vile footage shows police woman being spat at 24 TIMES