Fillings which REPAIR tooth decay and protect against further cavities 'will revolutionise dentistry'
Fillings which help teeth to self-repair from ongoing decay have been invented by scientists.
Hailed as a revolution in dental care, the compound - known as bioactive glass - not only blocks cavities but repairs bacterial damage.
It releases minerals such as calcium and phosphate, which the tooth uses to replace what was lost during the decay and repair itself.
The technology, developed by experts at Queen Mary University of London, is set to do away with the need for mercury fillings, experts hope.
Unlike existing fillings, the new compound has almost no risk of falling out.
Professor... read more
- 01:41 Liverpool hero takes subtle dig at Man United: How they've helped...
- 01:35 When Joni Mitchell wore blackface for Halloween
- 01:33 Russia denies its warships will join Aleppo bombardment - RIA
- 01:31 Male contraceptive jab 'shows promise'
- 01:30 'In the future we will see if he can return': Spain boss Julen...
- 01:30 Bayern Munich winger Arjen Robben named in Holland squad for...
- 01:30 Napoli boss Maurizio Sarri says he will welcome Juventus forward...
- 01:30 Radamel Falcao's problems stem from Premier League spell, insists...
- 01:23 China's main search engine Baidu sees first ever revenue drop
- 01:19 Manchester City fans are filmed singing as they ‘knock sinks off...
- 01:19 Under-fire Mark Warburton restates commitment to Rangers amid...
- 01:19 Aberdeen boss Derek McInnes hoping to upset the odds against...
- 01:19 Ian Poulter sits seven shots off the lead as he continues his...
- 01:18 China's October factory activity may show mild growth amid weak demand
- 01:17 Adult Halloween events in Birmingham and beyond
- 01:14 Advocates laud U.S. decision to ban LGBT discrimination in foreign aid
- 01:07 Dare you eat the Hotter than Hell Pizza?
- 01:04 'Pre-reg' cars now widespread in UK
- 01:03 Japan September consumer prices fall, add to run of gloomy data
- 01:00 Man admits vandalising Trump's Walk of Fame star in Los Angeles
- 00:52 Double gold for Ferreira at the London jiu jitsu championships
- 00:49 ‘Milestone’ floods action plan for Calderdale revealed
- 00:49 Extra trained nurses 'key to stroke survival' says study
- 00:45 Scott Brown ready to make sensational Scotland comeback in next...
- 00:42 QUIZ: Can you answer Sheffield, South Yorkshire and further afield...
- 00:40 WADA publishes report highlighting 'serious failings' at Rio...
- 00:38 A night to celebrate our Rio heroes in Mytholmroyd
- 00:38 ‘Milestone’ floods action plan for Calderdale revealed
- 00:37 Sexy artwork inspired by Fifty Shades of Grey on sale in Birmingham
- 00:37 Steve Bruce on Gabby Agbonlahor and his future at Aston Villa