Fillings which REPAIR tooth decay and protect against further cavities 'will revolutionise dentistry'
Fillings which help teeth to self-repair from ongoing decay have been invented by scientists.
Hailed as a revolution in dental care, the compound - known as bioactive glass - not only blocks cavities but repairs bacterial damage.
It releases minerals such as calcium and phosphate, which the tooth uses to replace what was lost during the decay and repair itself.
The technology, developed by experts at Queen Mary University of London, is set to do away with the need for mercury fillings, experts hope.
Unlike existing fillings, the new compound has almost no risk of falling out.
Professor... read more
- 17:47 A 100-year-old woman shares the secret of her young looks
- 17:46 Spalding chippie makes Easter promise to help charity
- 17:45 TV personality and UK Eurovision host Katie Boyle dies aged 91
- 17:45 Katie Boyle: Former TV host dies aged 91
- 17:45 Finalists announced for East Lindsey Business Awards 2018
- 17:44 Relief for couple after £23,000 Audi is found after being stolen...
- 17:44 Midway man jailed for causing or inciting sexual activity with child
- 17:44 6 things to do when you visit Glasgow
- 17:43 Life sentence handed to man who raped, murdered and burgled a...
- 17:43 How science brought justice for Fleckney murder victim
- 17:42 Finalists announced for East Lindsey Business Awards 2018
- 17:42 David Carroll, the US professor taking on Cambridge Analytica in...
- 17:42 Perfect prams for perfect parents: the rise of the bougie buggy
- 17:41 Three-legged Mansfield cat mistaken for being abandoned while it...
- 17:40 F1 breakaway championship is a realistic possibility, says Toto Wolff
- 17:38 Go wild outdoors this Easter
- 17:38 Road named after rugby league legend, Neil Fox
- 17:37 First picture of 'full of life and never without a smile on his...
- 17:37 Where next for Ant and Dec and ITV?
- 17:36 Russia spy poisoning: Theresa May ready to deploy more sanctions
- 17:36 Men suffer 'verbal racial abuse' at McDonalds in York
- 17:36 The M62: Love it or hate, here’s why everybody should be thankful...
- 17:36 Mark Zuckerberg summoned to Westminster over data breach
- 17:35 Ashley Young sends message to Manchester United teammate Luke Shaw...
- 17:35 Jarrow man arrested in dawn drugs raid by police
- 17:35 Doncaster man appears at court charged with indecent assault and...
- 17:34 Fortnite Mobile vs PUBG Mobile - Battlegrounds on iOS has one big...
- 17:34 Chelsea striker Alvaro Morata is UNHAPPY: Marcos Alonso reveals...
- 17:34 Man Utd News: Pogba bombshell, agent on £50m Jorginho move,...
- 17:34 The Premier League's best XI according to stats: Chelsea,...