Fillings could be bad for your health
0 Have your say Having more than eight fillings could raise blood mercury levels two-and-a-half times - increasing the risk of brain, heart and kidney disease, a study shows.
They are made of a mixture of metals which also include silver and tin.
Now for the first time scientists have found a link between tooth fillings and mercury exposure - which can lead to severe illnesses.
In Britain more than one million children under the age of five already has at least two fillings.
Brits have a reputation for bad teeth with the average adult having seven fillings - compared to three in the US.... read more
- 15:31 This is when the new £2.2M chemotherapy unit will open at Solihull...
- 15:30 Council has written off £2.1 million worth of business rates from...
- 15:30 Two desparate offenders tried to steal donated goods from a charity...
- 15:30 Appeal to find owner of CDs handed in at Wellingborough police station
- 15:29 Nasa reveals the truth about whether an apocalypse asteroid will...
- 15:29 Council has written off £2.1 million worth of business rates from...
- 15:29 Leeds lap dancing club Silks allowed to keep trading
- 15:27 Leeds United branded 'disgraceful' after announcing Myanmar tour
- 15:26 Man, 58, arrested in Burton on suspicion of being involved in...
- 15:26 Increased security at Birmingham Airport today - this is why
- 15:26 No spring in the property market's step: Dwindling supplies of...
- 15:25 Burton Albion ladies survive fightback to avenge previous defeat to...
- 15:24 Theatre Review Subtle slant on black and white issues
- 15:24 Music Review Voice and guitar virtuosity from Roberts and Lakeman
- 15:24 Friends take on 621 mile cycle challenge at Rutland Water
- 15:24 Theatre Review Distinctly rocky horror show
- 15:24 Blind Alec goes the distance for Uppingham’s Hopper
- 15:24 Music Review Sax sensations from Steve Williamson
- 15:24 Rutland businesses reap benefits of faster broadband
- 15:24 Theatre Review Soft-focus tribute to a gritty working-class writer
- 15:23 Harry Potter themed party announced for Edinburgh MagicFest
- 15:23 Prom fashion on parade in Alnwick
- 15:23 10 of the best Edinburgh beer gardens you might not know about
- 15:23 Streamers delighted as Jonny joins as manager
- 15:23 Portrait of local laird for sale
- 15:23 Cliff Richard case: Editor has 'no concerns' over helicopter footage
- 15:22 'Facebook in PR crisis mode', says academic at heart of row
- 15:22 More than 1,000 students sign up to compensation claim
- 15:22 Explosives scare: This is what the police have said
- 15:21 Louth Bowls: County League honours for Mixed A