Fighting fires: Samsung struggles to limit damage from smartphone recall
Heated meetings, sacrificed holidays and teams monitoring social media round-the-clock to track whether there have been any new smartphone fires: Samsung Electronics is still desperately trying to limit the damage of a record global recall announced more than a month ago.
Samsung said most of the fire-prone Galaxy Note 7s have been recovered in major markets, including the United States and South Korea.
But the trouble is not over for either South Korea's largest listed company or mobile division chief Koh Dong-jin, who bowed in a public apology last month, less than a year into the job.... read more
- 16:32 Royal wedding 2018: Couple leave Windsor after wedding
- 16:32 Men will be fined up to £656 for wolf whistling women in France
- 16:30 Pyjama day highlights health drive
- 16:29 Tributes to man with 'kind heart and beautiful soul' killed after...
- 16:29 Vandals destroy beehive leaving 3,000 bees to die
- 16:28 Man Utd transfer news: Marouane Fellaini ‘offered contract’ by AC...
- 16:25 Police chase car attempting to get on the M1 the wrong way
- 16:22 Highgate murder victim named by police as graduate Abdul Rahman...
- 16:21 A life 'completely destroyed' by one paragraph of immigration law
- 16:19 Vandals destroy beehive leaving 3,000 bees to die
- 16:18 David Davis set for another visit to Northern Ireland
- 16:17 COLUMN: An elegant wader
- 16:17 Incredible teenager battles back from the brink to take first steps...
- 16:16 Meghan Markle’s uninvited family celebrate royal wedding wearing...
- 16:13 Stretton grandmother has no plans to retire as she celebrates 40th...
- 16:13 Big cash injection for Yorkshire peatland restoration
- 16:11 COLUMN: An elegant wader
- 16:10 Aston Villa set to snap up Sheffield Wednesday midfielder on a free...
- 16:10 Leeds United set to take advantage of Garry Monk's Birmingham City...
- 16:10 Prince Harry and Meghan Markle's 'all-night party' after royal...
- 16:09 Kurt Angle reveals future of The Undertaker and Dean Ambrose in WWE
- 16:08 Teen seriously injured in Manchester bombing runs 10k race in the city
- 16:05 Marching with pride as With Banners Held High returns to Wakefield...
- 16:05 Police chase car attempting to get on the M1 the wrong way
- 16:04 Ed Sheeran song 'not for anti-abortion campaign'
- 16:04 Great Northern, Southern and Thameslink trains cancelled
- 16:03 7 ways to cope with endometriosis pain
- 16:03 ‘I felt like I was in a bubble’: Why men pay to see a dominatrix
- 16:01 Photo of the week: Nature at its best in Mablethorpe
- 16:01 Man Utd star Ander Herrera takes swipe at Chelsea tactics following...