Fight for justice goes on 36 years after murder of two boys
A fresh appeal for information about the murder of two boys 36 years ago has been launched.
Merseyside Police has issued the appeal for information about the murders of John Greenwood and Gary Miller, who were just 11 years old when they were murdered in Whiston in August 1980.
The appeal comes after officers were passed new information by the Serious Crime Review Unit in the last month.
The school friends were found at 7.20pm on Saturday, August 16 1980, by a dog walker hidden under a mattress on the site of a disused colliery on Pottery Lane, Whiston, which had been turned into a local... read more
- 15:09 Massive new Carluccio’s restaurant in Solihull town centre...
- 15:09 West Brom's Gareth McAuley on owning a golf shop, collecting...
- 15:09 Calthorpe Estates expands senior team
- 15:09 How West Brom can turn an encouraging season into a brilliant one
- 15:09 Northumberland school buildings need £2k per pupil to bring them up...
- 15:08 Chance to boldly go with £4m Enterprise
- 15:08 Mum claims damages after horror cyst ordeal
- 15:08 Each area will have 'chapter' in local plan
- 15:08 Bye-bye Byron Street
- 15:08 Kitchen clink: Rogue trader jailed for fraud
- 15:07 Children brave chop to help young people with cancer
- 15:07 Storm Doris to bring 80mph winds and heavy rain
- 15:06 Digger Festival organisers and artists celebrate George Orwell
- 15:06 Nissan says Brexit-induced fall in pound left it slightly worse off
- 15:06 New BBC Scotland channel a “shift in the right direction”
- 15:06 India's Snapdeal to cut 600 staff, founders forego salary
- 15:06 VIDEO: Bumpy landings for planes at Yorkshire airport as Storm...
- 15:05 Ayrshire boxing legend Alec Mullen backs Irvine ace Ryan Collins to...
- 15:05 Crime scene investigation officers in West Cumbrian town centre
- 15:04 South Sudanese exiles fear kidnap after activists disappear in Kenya
- 15:04 Eden Hazard: Why Chelsea have been so good at Stamford Bridge this...
- 15:04 Manchester United take advantage of bizarre 'loophole' ahead of...
- 15:04 Man 'gutted' in knife attack after refusing to give cash to beggars
- 15:03 NOSTALGIA: Old pictures of Chesterfield Co-op
- 15:03 Storm Doris to bring 80mph winds and heavy rain
- 15:02 Traffic lights review before upgrade works began would have put...
- 15:02 New cafe bar to bring back to life disused bank building
- 15:02 Double penalty points for drivers caught using mobile phone
- 15:02 Sheffield resident heard "shouting and loud voices" moments before...
- 15:02 Northern Powerhouse Minister to speak at major conference on how...