FIFA faces lawsuit over ‘slavery’ on Qatar World Cup sites
FIFA is facing a lawsuit after a Dutch labour union likened its treatment of migrant workers to ‘modern slavery’ ahead of the 2022 World Cup.
Since Fifa voted to hold the World Cup in the tiny Gulf state, Qatar, it has received criticism over the alleged exploitation of its 1.7 million migrant workers.
Gay ‘serial killer’ wore a blonde wig to ‘make him more confident’ The legal challenge was brought forward by the Netherlands Trade Union Confederation (FNV) on behalf of Bangladeshi migrant worker, Nadim Sharaful Alam.
FNV representative Ruud Baas said: ‘workers like Nadim are lured to Qatar... read more
- 16:25 Where are the best record shops?
- 16:25 Police appeal to trace wanted man
- 16:24 Access to European security databases post Brexit is 'mission...
- 16:24 Svetlana Kuznetsova closes in on last-four at WTA Finals with...
- 16:24 Usain Bolt completed the 'triple treble' at the Rio Olympics... but...
- 16:23 Search is on for prom queen
- 16:22 Six men arrested after break-in at Hull's Leisure Build caravans
- 16:22 Police probe possible sighting of missing Edinburgh student Antoine...
- 16:21 EU states agree caps on wholesale roaming charges
- 16:20 This picture shows the main suspect in a sexual assault in...
- 16:19 Access to European security databases post Brexit is 'mission...
- 16:18 E.ON taking on 100 apprentices - with many in Nottingham
- 16:18 Urgent appeal for public to act as models
- 16:18 Vitor Pereira: All you need to know about Wolves managerial target
- 16:18 Bulwell's 'David Beckham' to appear in Channel 5 documentary
- 16:18 We see if Byron at New Street can take the burger crown for Birmingham
- 16:18 Father who force-fed his son to death cannot be named
- 16:18 The taste of success! New children’s menu a hit at Boston’s Pilgrim...
- 16:18 Mercedes-Benz E63 AMG: Merc's 604bhp super-saloon
- 16:18 Jet2.com adds extra seats to more than 15 destinations from East...
- 16:17 Accident closes one lane of M6 between junction 14 and Stafford...
- 16:17 Why these frustrated Sharow parents want to build a car park
- 16:17 UK weather: Up to 120 days of snow to blast Britain in coldest...
- 16:17 Halloween highlights in the Harrogate District
- 16:17 Carlos Alberto death: Brazil legend is laid to rest in Rio de...
- 16:17 Rock Up and Sing! choir set to perform gigs in Budapest
- 16:17 Column – Transport Talk with Don Mackenzie
- 16:17 The unfair secrets behind celebrity fitness DVDs
- 16:16 Manchester United star Zlatan Ibrahimovic aiming to be the boss of...
- 16:16 Brother of Manchester United star Luke Shaw denies calling Jose...