Fidel Castro death: Cubans say sad goodbye, or good riddance
Revolution Square in Havana has witnessed some of Fidel Castro's most historic moments. From his famously long speeches to the visit of Pope John Paul II, it is an iconic, almost sacred place for the Cuban Revolution.
But on Monday, it was home to tens of thousands of mourners. From babies in their parents' arms to the elderly and frail, people from across Cuban society turned out from early morning to bid him goodbye.
Doctors in white jackets, nurses in uniform, soldiers, students and teachers, all of them speaking in the same hushed tones, careful to behave with dignity under the watchful... read more
- 00:02 West Ham manager Slaven Bilic must stop his side's Premier League...
- 00:02 The 50 best young players in European football... Sportsmail...
- 00:01 Rugby league and swimming given £10m lottery grant
- 00:01 Devin Townsend Project
- 00:01 Hidden history revealed
- 00:01 Southgate accepts ‘fairytale’ loss at the hands of Germany
- 00:01 Fallen police officer to be honoured at Charlton
- 00:01 Hamilton: Ferrari are F1 ‘favourites’
- 00:01 The party of the crony capitalists
- 00:01 Osborne’s appointment is a crisis for democracy
- 00:01 Archaeopteryx takes to the skies
- 00:01 Don't Give Way To Hate
- 00:01 Thousands bid farewell to Martin McGuinness
- 00:01 Chile: 33 Pinochet agents jailed for communist deaths
- 00:01 US: Black politicians raise concerns with Trump face-to-face
- 00:01 Faith leaders label outrage ‘a perversion of Islam’
- 00:01 Mini workers plan another demo to save retirements
- 00:01 Contestants finally leave Channel 4’s Eden to discover show has...
- 00:01 Knowledge of family justice rules is ‘patchy’
- 23:56 ALEX BRUMMER: The bell tolls for Co-op Bank - 'the main interest of...
- 23:55 Teenage pregnancy rates reach lowest level on record
- 23:55 'Super-obesity' required factor in some cases before weight loss...
- 23:55 MP told to apologise over failure to declare interest in telecom firm
- 23:55 29 charged in child sex abuse probe
- 23:55 British mother appears in Rwanda on state secrets charges
- 23:55 Man shocked at road rage accusation after he tried to help trapped...
- 23:55 3D technology brings anti-slavery campaigner William Wilberforce...
- 23:55 Woman found guilty for child prostitution of teenage girl she...
- 23:54 Support for Merkel's conservatives and SPD tied, German poll shows
- 23:54 Socialist defections boost France's Macron in election race