Fidel Castro death: Cuba plunged into mourning for ex-leader
Cuba is mourning its revolutionary leader and former President Fidel Castro, whose death was announced late on Friday and has plunged the country into nine days of mourning.
The body of the 90-year-old was due to be cremated at a private ceremony in Havana on Saturday.
Some world leaders have been paying tribute to the 20th century icon.
US President-elect Donald Trump, however, described Fidel Castro as a "brutal dictator".
Castro came to power in 1959 and ushered in a Communist revolution, defying the US for decades.
His supporters viewed him as a man who stood up to America... read more
- 00:32 Harry Kane: I can win the Premier League and the Champions League...
- 00:32 Jurgen Klopp: Liverpool still have the bottle to win the league...
- 00:31 BREAKING: 'It's the right time' New Zealand prime minister John Key...
- 00:30 Manchester United striker Zlatan Ibrahimovic denies purposefully...
- 00:29 Philippines urges Bangladesh to share results of heist investigation
- 00:29 China Stocks-Factors to watch on Monday
- 00:22 Last winter's floods 'most extreme on record in UK'
- 00:22 BT needs to improve customer service after regulator move - chairman
- 00:22 Pupils must be taught British values to help bind communities,...
- 00:20 Crystal Palace boss Alan Pardew hopes luck holds after saving job...
- 00:20 Darren Fletcher praises West Brom for attacking style after Watford...
- 00:20 Mark Hughes addresses fears over Marc Muniesa leaving Stoke after...
- 00:18 Mario Balotelli cures injury boredom by showing off football skills...
- 00:17 May seeks 'new chapter' in Gulf relations ahead of Bahrain visit
- 00:17 Chris Gardner: The homeless man who became a multi-millionaire...
- 00:11 Number of UK agency workers 'to reach one million' by 2020
- 00:11 'Act now' on Christmas debt worries
- 00:11 Low Pay Harms Care Standards
- 00:11 'Dangerous wait' with fire-risk dryers
- 00:09 Supreme Court to hear government appeal over Brexit powers
- 00:08 Impressive life of feminist pioneer
- 00:08 How and why Corbyn won out
- 00:08 Inside the new world turned upside down
- 00:08 55 clubs in frame for abuse as Chelsea apologise
- 00:09 Who's Who 2017: Eight people from Leicestershire among new entries
- 00:08 Hillier urges HMRC to probe Mourinho for tax-dodging
- 00:08 Rugby Union: England trounce visiting Aussies
- 00:08 Reshaping our economy is our only way forward
- 00:08 It’s decision time for Labour’s warring tribes
- 00:08 Fighting the flames in Palestine together