Fewer people using sexual health clinics despite rise in STIs like syphilis and gonorrhoea
Fewer people are seeking help from dedicated sexual health clinics, new figures show.
Last year, 1.26 million people in England sought help from family planning services, community contraception clinics and some young people's advisory centres - down four per cent on the previous year.
This is despite big rises in cases of syphilis and gonorrhoea and continuing high levels of other sexually transmitted infections (STIs).
The NHS Digital data also shows a rise in people using long-term contraception, such as the coil - which could help to explain the fall.
The data also does not take into... read more
- 08:30 Fabinho to Man Utd: Journalist claims there's 45 per cent chance of...
- 08:29 9 new restaurants in London you should try this July
- 08:29 Real Madrid raise Alvaro Morata price to £80m to put off...
- 08:28 China sentences 13 drug dealers to death and eight are executed on...
- 08:28 Police investigate damage to car's boot in Dalton
- 08:28 Manchester United player Marcus Rashford meets Ronaldinho
- 08:27 Weather warning as heavy rain batters the North East
- 08:27 Hotpoint fridge-freezer safety warning after Grenfell Tower fire
- 08:26 Chelsea cleared to seal Kostas Manolas transfer as Zenit Saint...
- 08:25 Kind firms help Sunderland Scout group after £33,000 minibus was...
- 08:25 Woodlands made to work hard for victory by determined effort from...
- 08:25 Elderly couple threatened by masked raiders in Dronfield
- 08:23 Cubbington School pupils’ reading challenge raises money for new books
- 08:23 South Holland youngsters risking life and limb to swim in rivers
- 08:23 ‘Great outcome for customers’ as Co-op Bank secures £700m
- 08:22 BBC weather: Carol Kirkwood fans beg for TV return as Sarah...
- 08:21 Murder investigation launched after man found dead in Tameside -...
- 08:21 Arsenal Transfer News: Lacazette update, Monaco reject Lemar bid,...
- 08:19 Huge surge in college students with a therapist: Rates DOUBLED last...
- 08:19 London’s top celeb eaterie for Leeds?
- 08:19 Prescriptions 'too costly for patients': Thousands with long-term...
- 08:19 Life inside HMP Leeds: Drugs, violence and poor conditions
- 08:19 Up to 15 ambulances called to Leeds prison daily due to former...
- 08:19 Angela Merkel U-turns on same-sex marriage
- 08:18 Missing girl last seen at Coventry's Arena Park found safe and well
- 08:18 AstraZeneca, Chi-Med take kidney cancer drug into final testing
- 08:18 DS Smith to buy 80 percent of U.S. packaging firm Interstate...
- 08:18 Tesco and Booker call for fast-track competition probe
- 08:17 Spittal plans poised for green light
- 08:17 Walking for charity