Fewer children living in workless household
The number of children living in out-of-work families has fallen by an average of a quarter since the start of the decade.
New figures from the Office for National Statistics (ONS) show that around one in eight (12%) children lived in a workless household in 2015, down from roughly one in six (17%) in 2010.
The trend has not been uniform across the country, however.
A few areas have seen a rise, the largest being Doncaster in South Yorkshire, where the number has jumped by almost a third.
Stockton-on-Tees (up 26%), North Ayrshire and North Lanarkshire in Scotland (both up 14%) and Bridgend... read more
- 14:58 Coach park move is one step closer
- 14:57 Where can I buy a Corbyn 'Nike' t-shirt that took Glastonbury by...
- 14:57 Man to appear in crown court charged with attacking police
- 14:57 Good bye Robin Hood, Nessy and King Arthur? British folklore and...
- 14:57 Patients relying on crowdfunding to buy wheelchairs, doctor warns
- 14:56 Fake ID used in bid to buy Rolex watch
- 14:56 New pathway will help cyclists and walkers to avoid busy town roads
- 14:55 Congo finds 10 more mass graves in insurgency-hit Kasai region
- 14:54 South Yorkshire students celebrate outstanding achievements
- 14:54 Save more than £1,000 on Disney World Florida holiday packages for...
- 14:53 Nearly 100 Chinese perish after landslide sweeps down a mountain
- 14:53 New manager takes over at Ingleton festive shop
- 14:52 Romelu Lukaku angry about Chelsea transfer rumours
- 14:51 Arsonist started two blazes on seventh floor of Birmingham tower block
- 14:50 Rainbow armpit hair is here just in time for Pride Month
- 14:50 U.S. to work with Israel, seek other ties to combat cyber attacks
- 14:50 Thousands of Yorkshire women face financial hardship, says WASPI...
- 14:48 Barcelona want Marco Verratti and seek tactical variety in...
- 14:48 Why do some schools let pupils go home earlier than others?
- 14:48 New chapter for Theo Fennell after Endless supports buyout
- 14:47 Grantham Infant school leavers in special service
- 14:47 Cristiano Ronaldo needs time ‘to reflect’ on Real Madrid future...
- 14:44 Sign up for the Big Clean in Bourne and the Deepings
- 14:44 Crowland railways author makes effort for Grenfell Tower victims
- 14:44 Stoke City transfer news: Shaqiri has his say on those AS Roma rumours
- 14:44 Police name Stoke-on-Trent scooter rider, 49, killed in lorry crash
- 14:43 Floating hotels ahoy! Ritz-Carlton to launch its first luxury...
- 14:43 Yoga trapeze gets off to a flying start in Sheffield
- 14:43 UFC fighter Michael Chiesa demands referee Mario Yamasaki retire...
- 14:43 Al-Qaeda frees hostage after six years