Fewer British firms have cyber insurance policies - PwC
The number of British firms insured against cyber threats has fallen sharply in the past year even though many doubled their security budgets after some high-profile companies suffered attacks, a survey by PwC showed on Wednesday.
The auditing and corporate advisory firm said companies were reluctant to invest in cyber insurance because they viewed products available as inadequate.
PwC interviewed 479 executives at British companies and only 38 percent said their company had a cyber insurance policy, down from 59 percent in a similar survey a year ago.
"The drop in take-up of cyber... read more
- 15:58 Halifax sex offender ensnared by ‘paedophile hunters’
- 15:58 Tributes planned for Anthony Foley ahead of Munster's cup tie with...
- 15:58 Celtic boss Brendan Rodgers: Kolo Toure WILL be ready to face...
- 15:58 Cecilia Ekback wins historical fiction award for first novel Wolf...
- 15:56 Liverpool star sends message to Jurgen Klopp ahead of West Brom clash
- 15:56 UPDATE: Missing nine-year-old found
- 15:55 Pogba Manchester United dream revealed by Chelsea boss Conte
- 15:55 U.S., UK growth data to give steer on monetary policy
- 15:55 Halifax sex offender ensnared by ‘paedophile hunters’
- 15:55 Gypsy folk-rock band with big reputation set for Marchington show
- 15:53 EU 'not capable' of signing Canada deal
- 15:53 How one woman overcame a debilitating stammer to follow her dream...
- 15:53 Court list: Who has been up before Scarborough magistrates?
- 15:52 Child seat product recalled over safety fears
- 15:52 Spooky goings-on on Pumpkin Path in Leamington town centre
- 15:52 Rafa Benitez: This is what being at the top of the Championship...
- 15:52 County Hall move ‘set for full council debate’
- 15:52 Devastation for family after tragic cat deaths
- 15:52 Snapped: Key man trains with Arsenal despite injury fears ahead of...
- 15:50 Battle of Britain Memorial centre faces funding change
- 15:50 Countdown to Horncastle Christmas Tree Festival
- 15:50 Readers’ letters
- 15:49 Missing Notts girl, 14, may be in Derbyshire
- 15:49 Air Ambulance scrambled to Alfreton ladder fall
- 15:49 Diana's stepmother Raine Spencer dies aged 87
- 15:48 Man was so high on drugs he could hardly remember his destructive...
- 15:47 Parks across Harrogate district up for national award
- 15:47 Church celebrates 50th anniversary
- 15:47 Northamptonshire gets share of 1,000 new 'nursing associates' being...
- 15:47 World stage for Spalding human rights defender’s cause