Ferry back in Wales after passengers stranded overnight
A ferry is back in port in Wales after its passengers and crew spent the night stranded in the Irish Sea.
The Stena Line ferry between Rosslare and Fishguard in Pembrokeshire was unable to dock on Monday with 87 passengers and 59 crew stuck onboard.
The Stena Europe was forced to sail to sheltered waters off the Llyn Peninsula in north Wales overnight.
It follows flooding across Wales in the wake of Storm Angus.
Diane Poole from the ferry operator said passengers had been in "really good spirits" despite their night at sea.
"The ship was well sheltered, they had a comfortable... read more
- 11:42 BREAKING: Six individuals to face charges over Hillsborough disaster
- 11:42 Three injured after van ends up in ditch at Beeford
- 11:42 What Manchester United manager Jose Mourinho has said about Nemanja...
- 11:42 Cumbria to be in fine voice for singing legend's return
- 11:42 'Precautionary' fire checks to be carried out within area's care...
- 11:41 Muslim children seek counselling after being called terrorists...
- 11:41 Operation underway to remove restaurant boat from Hartlepool Marina
- 11:41 BREAKING: Six individuals to face charges over Hillsborough disaster
- 11:41 Iconic Flying Scotsman steam train set to arrive in Melton
- 11:41 Man Utd Transfer News LIVE updates: Morata crunch talks, Galbraith...
- 11:41 Duckinfield, Bettison and others charged over Hillsborough disaster
- 11:41 Father and daughter to do 10,000ft skydive
- 11:41 Pair complete 24-hour walking marathon
- 11:40 Five friends have been recreating the same college photo since 1982
- 11:40 BREAKING: M1 closed in both directions in South Yorkshire due to...
- 11:40 Positive response received for Louth school changes
- 11:39 Government invests £340,000 to remodel Harrogate A&E department
- 11:39 'Precautionary' fire checks to be carried out within area's care...
- 11:39 Free nursery places for 1,500 needy children to be CUT by...
- 11:39 BANK’S STARK WARNING: Britain heading for crash if lenders don’t...
- 11:38 CCTV appeal after bag stolen from Scarborough amusement arcade
- 11:38 Ex-police officer David Duckenfield charged with manslaughter and...
- 11:38 Two arrested in South Shields in computer software service fraud probe
- 11:38 Lucky Duckys delight crowds
- 11:38 Government invests £340,000 to remodel Harrogate A&E department
- 11:38 BREAKING: Six individuals to face charges over Hillsborough disaster
- 11:37 Passenger airport for Cumbria 'will bring boost to tourist economy'...
- 11:37 Thieves ransack Aeropark charity museum at East Midlands Airport
- 11:37 Nottinghamshire dad behind viral videos is up for award
- 11:37 BREAKING: Six individuals to face charges over Hillsborough disaster