Fenerbahce hit-man Robin van Persie: 'I'd be playing for Manchester United if Alex Ferguson was still boss'
Robin van Persie admits he could have been lining up against Fenerbahce in Thursday night's Europa League clash had Sir Alex Ferguson still been in charge of Manchester United.
The Dutch striker was voted United's Player of the Year in his first season at Old Trafford in 2012-13 as the Red Devils romped to the Premier League title by 11 points.
Ferguson announced his retirement at the end of that season and Van Persie struggled under the guidance of new boss David Moyes and then fellow Dutchman Louis van Gaal.
He left for Turkey in July 2015 and has scored 17 goals in 35 appearances for the... read more
- 00:29 Philippines urges Bangladesh to share results of heist investigation
- 00:29 China Stocks-Factors to watch on Monday
- 00:22 Last winter's floods 'most extreme on record in UK'
- 00:22 BT needs to improve customer service after regulator move - chairman
- 00:22 Pupils must be taught British values to help bind communities,...
- 00:20 Crystal Palace boss Alan Pardew hopes luck holds after saving job...
- 00:20 Darren Fletcher praises West Brom for attacking style after Watford...
- 00:20 Mark Hughes addresses fears over Marc Muniesa leaving Stoke after...
- 00:18 Mario Balotelli cures injury boredom by showing off football skills...
- 00:17 May seeks 'new chapter' in Gulf relations ahead of Bahrain visit
- 00:17 Chris Gardner: The homeless man who became a multi-millionaire...
- 00:11 Number of UK agency workers 'to reach one million' by 2020
- 00:11 'Act now' on Christmas debt worries
- 00:11 Low Pay Harms Care Standards
- 00:11 'Dangerous wait' with fire-risk dryers
- 00:09 Supreme Court to hear government appeal over Brexit powers
- 00:08 Impressive life of feminist pioneer
- 00:08 How and why Corbyn won out
- 00:08 Inside the new world turned upside down
- 00:08 55 clubs in frame for abuse as Chelsea apologise
- 00:09 Who's Who 2017: Eight people from Leicestershire among new entries
- 00:08 Hillier urges HMRC to probe Mourinho for tax-dodging
- 00:08 Rugby Union: England trounce visiting Aussies
- 00:08 Reshaping our economy is our only way forward
- 00:08 It’s decision time for Labour’s warring tribes
- 00:08 Fighting the flames in Palestine together
- 00:08 Countering the goons of fascism
- 00:08 Syria: Army heads deep into east Aleppo but rebels fight on
- 00:08 Venezuela: Maduro slams bloc’s ‘political aggression’
- 00:08 ‘Fidel, Fidel: ever onward to victory’