Feeling lonely? Now you can try out speed dating at Alnwick Garden
A state-of-the-art drop-in centre to help combat loneliness has been officially opened at The Alnwick Garden .
Called the Stuart Halbert Elderberries Drop-In Centre, it will offer a range of activities from games sessions to speed dating.
The centre will be run by a team of volunteers and will be open to anyone aged over 55.
The opening ceremony on Thursday coincided with the garden’s 15-year anniversary.
The Duchess of Northumberland said: “This really is a special day because I’ve said over the last 20 years anyone can build a garden but it is what you do with that garden.
“The centre was... read more
- 16:53 Marks & Spencer slash 20% off school uniform prices for one week only
- 16:52 Sam Faiers puts on a busty display in plunging satin top and boho...
- 16:52 Lady Victoria Hervey, 40, teases serious cleavage as she exposes...
- 16:52 Incinerator campaigner's victory in Derby City Council fight over...
- 16:52 'I don't want Bear thinking KUWTK is what we should do': Liam Payne...
- 16:52 Bendy Amber Heard showcases her flexibility as she performs a...
- 16:52 'Maybe they'll be a couple in 50 years': Lydia Bright hints romance...
- 16:52 Rear she is! Geordie Shore's Holly Hagan flashes her incredibly...
- 16:52 'My beautiful son!' Big Brother 2015 winner Chloe Wilburn gives...
- 16:51 WADA allows Russia anti-doping body to test again under supervision...
- 16:51 Torino sign Paris Saint-Germain goalkeeper Salvatore Sirigu after...
- 16:50 ‘Amazing’ demand for boat race
- 16:50 Travellers who have pitched their caravans in Stapenhill are...
- 16:50 Research reveals British Folklore could be in danger of dying out...
- 16:50 New Swedish hotel and spa freezes INTO Arctic lake during the winter
- 16:50 The ATM at 50: how a hole in the wall changed the world
- 16:50 £8k funding boost for Derbyshire projects
- 16:48 David Davis: Brexit 'as complicated as moon landing'
- 16:48 £8k funding boost for Derbyshire projects
- 16:48 Fire crews rescue horse from Derbyshire ditch
- 16:47 The ATM at 50: how a hole in the wall changed the world
- 16:47 Qatar facing indefinite isolation, UAE says
- 16:47 Coins thrown into plane engine by elderly passenger for 'luck'
- 16:47 Milestone for fashion firm
- 16:47 NHS training hub wins building award
- 16:47 $esc.html($content.name)
- 16:47 Residents angry as Doncaster recyling plan approved despite 'flies...
- 16:47 Little joy for pound as BoE tightens credit controls
- 16:47 Think tank voices soft-Brexit fears
- 16:47 New £130,000 soft play area comes to West Bridgford