Fedex to invest $1.54 billion in France to double capacity at Roissy airport
Package delivery company FedEX Corp said on Tuesday it would invest 1.4 billion euros ($1.54 billion) to double the capacity of its logistics activities at the Charles de Gaulle International Airport in the Paris suburb of Roissy.
The initial investment by the U.S-listed firm will amount to 200 million euros (177 million pounds).
Under the plan, the U.S. group plans to open a new package sorting facility in 2019, creating between 200 and 400 jobs, according to a document handed out during a visit by President Francois Hollande.
The extra 25,000 square metres of space will make FedEx's... read more
- 12:43 Deutsche Bank plans 'significant' job cuts
- 12:43 'You can’t just keep saying sorry': readers on Amber Rudd and Windrush
- 12:42 Motorcyclist suffered head and leg injuries in city-centre smash
- 12:42 Man jailed in connection with Underley Hall abuse
- 12:41 Big event in support of Alfie Evans and his family to be held at...
- 12:41 Cheers! It's a Beautiful World for award-winning Leicester pub boss...
- 12:41 Funding bids worth £1.1m are prepared
- 12:40 Lionel Messi wins EU court battle to trademark his own name after...
- 12:40 Sheffield murder victim's funeral to be held next week
- 12:39 Four Seasons app review: a concierge in your pocket
- 12:39 Derbyshire police appoint new Assistant Chief Constable
- 12:39 Facebook accused of bullying by MPs
- 12:37 Thames Valley Police Constable who feigned injury quits
- 12:37 Derbyshire police appoint new Assistant Chief Constable
- 12:37 Two taken to hospital after car flipped over near Old Red Lion in...
- 12:37 Lincolnshire ranked as one of the safest counties in England and Wales
- 12:37 Motorcyclist suffered head and leg injuries in city-centre smash
- 12:36 Observatory marks milestone with the launch of a new facility
- 12:35 Police want to trace this man in connection with meat thefts
- 12:35 How will the Spireites’ relegation from the Football affect...
- 12:35 Coronation Street spoilers: Alison King and Kym Marsh film mystery...
- 12:34 Dogs are taking over the anti-Brexit campaign with Wooferendum posters
- 12:33 Employees go the extra mile for Hatton Park based children’s charity
- 12:33 Lincolnshire ranked as one of the safest counties in England and Wales
- 12:32 Lincolnshire ranked as one of the safest counties in England and Wales
- 12:32 UK retail sales continue to disappoint in April
- 12:31 Film festival returns to The Dukes in Lancaster
- 12:31 Indian dancing session at Halton Mill
- 12:30 Celebrations as £2m campaign completed
- 12:30 'Alcohol' pilots cleared after evidence blunder