Fed up with Facebook? Take a 5-day break: 'Vacations' from the scandal-hit site reduce people's stress levels (but also lower their sense of wellbeing)
Taking a five-day break from Facebook reduces people's stress levels, new research suggests.
Abstaining from the social-media site lowers the amount of the stress-hormone cortisol people produce, a study found.
Yet, the benefits may not be clear cut, with people reporting a reduced sense of wellbeing after not visiting the website for less than a week, with many being happy to check in again, the research adds.
Researchers believe quitting Facebook enables people to escape an overload of information but also cuts them off socially.
They wrote: 'Our results suggest that the typical... read more
- 09:50 Closure of Denstone Stores prompts concern older villagers could...
- 09:49 Firefighters tackle digger blaze in South Cumbria
- 09:49 Mum who gave birth at Northampton General Hospital names baby after...
- 09:49 Firefighters tackle house fire on the Fairmead Estate in Melton
- 09:48 Half of drivers think speeding is acceptable, poll finds
- 09:48 ‘The Sagas of Noggin the Nog’ comes to Great Carlton
- 09:48 Update: Collision involving ‘bus and tractor’ on the A16 at Grainsby
- 09:46 Fast and furious: Half of drivers think speeding is acceptable,...
- 09:45 Knife crime rises in Northumbria
- 09:44 New spring food festival arrives in Banbury this weekend
- 09:44 Barclays boss used bank's security team to hunt for whistleblower
- 09:43 Sunderland youngsters could be offered new deals as Chris Coleman...
- 09:43 Car fire spreads to three other vehicles during early morning blaze
- 09:43 Call for Carlisle to become major transportation hub
- 09:43 RISE AND SHINE: Live travel updates, weather and more
- 09:42 Call for Carlisle to become major transportation hub
- 09:41 Fast and furious: Half of drivers think speeding is acceptable,...
- 09:40 Man, 70, remains in hospital after Fleetwood crash
- 09:40 Shop explosion father speaks of feeling 'powerless' at seeing the...
- 09:39 Best places to buy a hot tub for summer 2018 including Aldi, Asda,...
- 09:39 Jeetan Patel delighted by new recruit's excitement to be playing...
- 09:39 This horrifying Snapchat feature could put kids at risk of paedophiles
- 09:39 Crazed Man United fan butchers cheating wife with samurai sword...
- 09:39 The day Dale Winton was called a 'poof' in Sheffield - and the...
- 09:38 Tributes paid to Leamington’s legendary landlord
- 09:39 Matthew Bates gives injury update on Michael Woods and Josh Hawkes
- 09:38 Admissions issue exists after just one year at new Heathcote School
- 09:38 Catholics to outnumber Protestants in Northern Ireland by 2021
- 09:38 Five car smash on M65
- 09:38 Serious police incident on Sealand Road in Chester – live updates