Fed's Kashkari: Sluggish growth likely for foreseeable future
Minneapolis Fed President Neel Kashkari said on Thursday that sluggish growth in the U.S. economy will likely remain for the foreseeable future.
"We're not forecasting a recession, but we're also not forecasting a booming economy," Kashkari said at a town hall meeting in Montana streamed live on the bank's website.
He said it would likely remain "sluggish."
Kashkari is not a voting member on the Fed's rate-setting committee until next year, but takes part in deliberations.
He has yet to comment on when he would prefer to see a rate increase, but has said he is more... read more
- 13:10 Disability support worker ‘beat autistic child and called him a...
- 13:08 Farage CONGRATULATES Trump rioters – for turning EVERYONE against them
- 13:08 Man dies after collision near Solihull Hospital in September 2016
- 13:08 Folk band Fleetwood Cave launch new album and tour
- 13:08 Carlisle care workers hailed as ‘truly remarkable’
- 13:07 Alleged drug find leads to Burton arrests
- 13:07 Brothers thank Burton's Queen's Hospital as Leaside Singers put on...
- 13:07 Burton Albion transfer news: Jamie Ward returns to Nottingham Forest
- 13:06 Should schools ban mobile phones in class?
- 13:04 Turkey's President Erdogan wins power-boosting vote
- 13:03 Charlton explain why match against Scunthorpe was postponed
- 13:02 Dimitri Payet is skilled enough to play for Real Madrid......
- 13:02 Carlos Tevez denies he is the highest paid player in world football...
- 13:02 Arsenal starlet Alex Iwobi can be like Dimitri Payet in few...
- 13:01 Drink-driver was tracked down after leaving reg plate at crash scene
- 13:00 Earlsdon Festival organisers in plea for help to ensure event goes...
- 12:57 Drink-driver was tracked down after leaving reg plate at crash scene
- 12:57 Blast causes deaths in Syrian camp near Jordan border - monitor
- 12:57 Merkel vows to find compromise with U.S. on trade, military spending
- 12:56 Video: Manchester United youngster Andreas Pereira scores...
- 12:55 Mourinho won't let De Gea or Romero leave Manchester United FC
- 12:55 No deal has yet been agreed between Everton FC and AC Milan over...
- 12:55 Birmingham braced for BIG FREEZE as temperatures plunge to -4C
- 12:53 Dave Seddon’s PNE press view
- 12:53 Drink-driver was tracked down after leaving reg plate at crash scene
- 12:50 Should schools ban mobile phones in class?
- 12:49 Car ends up facing oncoming traffic after crash on A1
- 12:48 Teenager injured after serious assault in Stoney Street
- 12:47 Manchester United closing in on Goncalo Guedes transfer after talks...
- 12:47 Trump paves way for Marine Le Pen: Poll puts anti-EU leader in...