Fears that Cumberland Infirmary couldn't cope with radical health overhaul
CARLISLE'S under-pressure infirmary could LOSE beds, while more patients will be brought from Whitehaven for urgent care if radical new plans to overhaul the local NHS are approved.
Health bosses insist the Cumberland Infirmary would cope with the additional numbers without major expansion, but concerns have been raised by staff, ambulance crews and residents.
Stephen Eames, chief executive at North Cumbria University Hospitals NHS Trust, says the plan would also see some patients from Carlisle travelling to Whitehaven for planned operations in future.
The Government's Success Regime this... read more
- 03:56 It’s International Fetish Day so let’s all learn about the fetish...
- 03:53 Paramount gets $1bn Chinese funding
- 03:50 Man United staff fear star player had ‘too much too soon’: Jose...
- 03:50 China asks foreign diplomats for closer cooperation in anti-graft war
- 03:49 Eugenie Bouchard bows out of the Australian Open after three-set...
- 03:43 Gambia crisis: Jammeh given last chance to resign as troops close in
- 03:43 Trump inauguration protests: TEAR GAS deployed as THOUSANDS march...
- 03:43 BREAKING: 'At least 12' injured after 'out-of-control' car smashes...
- 03:37 'Thank you' - Ian Paisley's words to Martin McGuinness
- 03:35 Former Chelsea winger: I wasn’t happy at Stamford Bridge but I...
- 03:34 Car ploughs into pedestrians in Melbourne, police say
- 03:30 Army mutiny exposes cracks in Ivory Coast success story
- 03:24 Several people injured after car hits pedestrians in Australian...
- 03:17 Nikkei stays in a narrow range, on track for weekly losses
- 02:52 The perils of reporting on China's GDP
- 02:46 The Yorkshire GP who says we can think ourselves slim
- 02:44 UFC News: Coach on McGregor vs Mayeather, Woodley talks Diaz bout,...
- 02:37 China economy grows 6.7% in 2016
- 02:35 Baby boy delivered by mother in car near Aberdeen
- 02:23 'I'm a transgender woman - ask me your invasive questions'
- 02:18 Andy Murray vs Sam Querrey LIVE: Follow the action as the world No...
- 02:15 Corbyn to attack SNP budget plans in Glasgow speech
- 02:13 Leeds council pledges new crackdown on rogue private landlords as...
- 02:10 Who could Sir Andy Murray face in the Australian Open final after...
- 02:05 North Korea PREPARES MISSILES as US says it’s ‘READY’ for Trump...
- 02:03 Larsen ice crack continues to open up
- 02:03 Nottingham mulls 2023 European Capital of Culture bid
- 02:00 Leicester defender Luis Hernandez travels to Malaga ahead of...
- 01:48 Peter Jay: Four years of Trump will not vanquish real America
- 01:46 Man evicted from hospital for blocking bed for two years