Fears for future of social care in Cumbria after county council proposals published
A county councillor fears a controversial overhaul of north and west Cumbria’s NHS will put extra pressure on care services.
Whitehaven councillor Christine Wharrier, who previously worked in the NHS, called for more joined up thinking.
The Success Regime’s long term aim is to reduce hospital beds and care for more people at home but Mrs Wharrier is worried social care will not be able to cope.
Just a week after that masterplan was published, Cumbria County Council yesterday announced its own separate consultation on the future of care homes in Carlisle and Copeland.
It wants to close a... read more
- 01:29 China Stocks-Factors to watch on Friday
- 01:19 US border residents take sides on the wall
- 01:19 Venezuela opposition leader denounces 'savage repression'
- 01:11 Albion Rovers boss Darren Young shocked after being told by letter...
- 01:10 Take your Zuckerberg to work day! Facebook founder spends the day...
- 01:10 Do YOU speak Doggo? From pupperinos to woofers, researchers reveal...
- 01:10 The $30 BILLION race to create an AI sex doll that can chat and...
- 01:09 NFL Draft 2017: Stars reveal what it's really like entering the NFL
- 00:58 Vauxhall 'reckless' over Zafira fires, say MPs
- 00:58 Jailed marine Alexander Blackman freed from prison
- 00:57 Cumbria's premier education and learning awards launched
- 00:56 Skyscanner chief honoured at digital technology awards
- 00:55 Manchester United manager Jose Mourinho accuses Sergio Aguero of...
- 00:50 Why 'breathing better' is the cure for hypertension
- 00:50 How sparkling water is wrecking your teeth: Gas in the drink is...
- 00:46 Risk of deeper involvement as U.S. weighs its options in Afghanistan
- 00:41 Future of cash: Can a 'bank in a box' replace a branch?
- 00:41 TED 2017: UK 'Iron Man' demonstrates flying suit
- 00:39 Rutherglen and Cambuslang Sports Council in search for new Chairperson
- 00:37 Viewpoint: Is inequality about to get unimaginably worse?
- 00:37 Could David Miliband return to UK politics in 2017?
- 00:37 Yorkshire’s voice will ‘definitely’ be heard at Brexit summit
- 00:36 ‘Mark should’ve been safe at work. Why did they let him die?’
- 00:35 ENERGY DRINK WARNING: Just ONE could trigger 'life threatening'...
- 00:35 Depression cure - THIS surprising therapy could be alternative to...
- 00:34 Mamadou Sakho injury latest: Sam Allardyce provides update on defender
- 00:34 Newcastle boss Rafael Benitez wants Mike Ashley to do this
- 00:33 Halifax woman charged with terror-related offences
- 00:31 Finally! Here are the 2017 Leicester Mercury Business Awards...
- 00:30 Get ready for Apple cash: iPhone maker planning to take on Venmo...