Fears for future of social care in Cumbria after county council proposals published
A county councillor fears a controversial overhaul of north and west Cumbria’s NHS will put extra pressure on care services.
Whitehaven councillor Christine Wharrier, who previously worked in the NHS, called for more joined up thinking.
The Success Regime’s long term aim is to reduce hospital beds and care for more people at home but Mrs Wharrier is worried social care will not be able to cope.
Just a week after that masterplan was published, Cumbria County Council yesterday announced its own separate consultation on the future of care homes in Carlisle and Copeland.
It wants to close a... read more
- 13:03 Aldi set to open first store in Rutland - with special golden...
- 13:02 Monte Paschi sub debt rallies on liability management proposal
- 13:02 VIDEO - Check out the world’s first airbag for cyclists
- 13:02 'Sick crew' BA jet diverted to Vancouver
- 13:01 Fall in number of crimes and anti-social behaviour incidents...
- 13:01 Biker relives horrifying moment he fell head-first on rocks and...
- 13:01 Support growing for finalists in contest
- 13:01 Thug who battered partner to death after finding her in bed with...
- 13:01 Beijing threatens legal action over webcam claims
- 13:01 Smartwatch sales show sharp decline, report finds
- 13:00 Family’s mission to help others
- 13:00 Bastian Schweinsteiger can lift Manchester United - Manuel Neuer
- 13:00 Chris Ashton to join Toulon from Saracens at the end of this season
- 13:00 Henrikh Mkhitaryan was supposed to show that Manchester United can...
- 12:59 Reunion event for workers of Bloom & Billet Mill set to take place
- 12:59 Season's first seal pups born at Lincolnshire nature reserve
- 12:59 What would happen if a nuclear bomb hit Scunthorpe?
- 12:59 Scunthorpe United look for good away following at Charlton Athletic...
- 12:59 Last tenant moves out as bulldozers are set to move in on Albert...
- 12:59 Government commits to using UK steel after giving backing to...
- 12:59 Anniversary for family run Whaley Bridge company
- 12:58 Biker relives horrifying moment he fell head-first on rocks and...
- 12:58 HK legislature delays swearing-in of pro-independence lawmakers...
- 12:58 Woman's agonising TWO-AND-A-HALF-YEAR wait for pain relief treatment
- 12:57 Screws placed around victim's car after vandals target home
- 12:56 Zac Goldsmith set to quit as MP over Heathrow decision
- 12:55 Councils aren't paying enough to cover the costs of home care for...
- 12:55 Wildlife broadcaster Simon King officially opens Gibraltar Point...
- 12:55 Four tonnes of asbestos fly-tipped near Marshchapel
- 12:55 Woman takes over estate agents 16 years after starting as part-time...