Fears 'food paranoia' is gripping the nation as four in ten of us now choose to eat a specialist diet
'Food paranoia' is gripping the nation with more than four in ten people saying they eat a specialised diet.
Most often people are imposing strict rules for reasons of health and wellbeing, although concerns about allergies and ethics also feature.
The figures come from retail analysts Nielsen who say there is a trend towards 'real' food, which can be traced from farm to fork rather than being processed or the result of a lab experiment.
One in five say their dietary choice is specifically designed to help prevent conditions such as obesity, diabetes, high cholesterol or hypertension.
The... read more
- 10:12 Children’s charity in Skegness calls for support
- 10:11 Police release photo of Mackworth murder victim Geoff Seggie as...
- 10:11 Nostalgia: Donington Rovers edge seven-goal final
- 10:11 Report reveals where in the UK over 50s struggle most to get a GP...
- 10:09 FEATURE: Case studies of exotic pets rescued by Ark Wildlife Park
- 10:09 Donna Nook seal count begins to drop as they make their way back to...
- 10:05 WhatsApp will soon stop working on millions of phones, is yours one...
- 10:05 We're Going on a Bear Hunt will be on Channel 4 this Christmas
- 10:05 Stoke City 2, Burnley 0: Player ratings from tasty win over Clarets
- 10:05 LIVE: A50 Waterloo Road closed in both directions after three...
- 10:05 Eden Hazard reveals the ‘big change’ that Diego Costa has made at...
- 10:04 School playground to be transformed after winning Lottery bid
- 10:03 Update: Horses loose on the A17 at Heckington - owner is found
- 09:59 Missing 'high risk' 13-year-old girl found after helicopter search
- 09:58 Witnesses sought after 'deliberate' Ribchester barn fire
- 09:56 General Tso's Chicken creator dies in Taiwan aged 98
- 09:56 Apple admits self-driving car plans
- 09:54 France's Left starts fightback after Hollande bows out of...
- 09:51 Hull City news and rumours LIVE: Tigers ready for Middlesbrough...
- 09:51 Man awaiting sentence after pinning partner against wall
- 09:48 Female suicide bomber uses children as decoy before blowing herself up
- 09:45 Missing out on West Ham tie in FA Cup was the biggest regret of my...
- 09:44 Hospital theft sparks police probe
- 09:43 Part of Carlisle on lockdown following incident
- 09:43 Manhunt continues in Carlisle following armed police incident
- 09:43 Bedroom fire in west Cumbria
- 09:41 Killer drivers could be jailed for life under new proposals
- 09:40 Stranger attack ‘left man with serious facial injuries’
- 09:40 Record 1,378 Christmas trees at Melton Mowbray festival
- 09:40 Dangerous drivers who kill could face life in prison