Fears at sudden fall in domestic abuse cases
The number of Wigan people prosecuted for domestic violence has plummeted by almost a third in just a year.
But experts say that this shouldn’t be cause for celebration: the likely cause is fewer victims’ coming forward due to legal aid cuts.
A Freedom of Information Act request shows there was a 30 per cent fall in domestic violence prosecutions in Greater Manchester in the first six months of this year compared to same period a year before.
A Wigan charity which supports victims of domestic violence today expressed shock and surprise at the news because it says it has experienced an... read more
- 11:16 Government loses Brexit Supreme Court battle over power to trigger...
- 11:16 Funding for housing
- 11:16 Public invited to Lincs East CCG Meeting in Woodhall Spa this Thursday
- 11:16 Myton School receive top award for their library
- 11:16 Kenilworth pair cook for world’s best chefs in France
- 11:16 Robert Fuller: Bounty for birds from wildlife friendly farming
- 11:16 Speeding fines are set to ROCKET to a week's wages
- 11:16 Social media users help capture fox injured by illegal trap in York
- 11:16 Irish town plagued with phone calls to Babestation chatline
- 11:16 Handsworth bus murder: Police release description of knife killer
- 11:16 10 wedding trends that will be everywhere in 2017
- 11:16 It doesn’t look likely that McDonald’s will bring all-day breakfast...
- 11:15 Simply the best: The top 30 players in the Premier League confirmed...
- 11:14 Joel Matip update: Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp finally ready to...
- 11:14 YouTuber becomes internet sensation as she promises sex show if she...
- 11:13 How did the filming of a music video end in tragedy?
- 11:13 Public invited to Lincs East CCG Meeting in Woodhall Spa this Thursday
- 11:13 People are genuinely concerned for Melania’s welfare following...
- 11:13 Why you shouldn’t secretly take a stranger’s photo and post it online
- 11:12 Will petrol prices in Derby keep on soaring?
- 11:12 Did you know you're living in a FOG CLOUD in Derby right now?
- 11:12 Social care gets £1m boost
- 11:12 Driving test changes due to affect Burton and South Derbyshire...
- 11:12 Manchester United, Liverpool and Chelsea in competition to sign...
- 11:12 Five stats that prove Alexis Sanchez is Arsenal's only hope of success
- 11:11 Ahenkorah set to miss next four Town games
- 11:11 Tesco accused of ripping off customers after toilet rolls appear to...
- 11:11 Transfer News: £26m Liverpool talks, striker’s Chelsea dream,...
- 11:11 Getting injected with a ‘romantic’ hormone could be the key to...
- 11:11 Jackson Irvine: Burton Albion top scorer dismisses transfer...