Fear over Labour Club’s future
0 Have your say One of Wigan’s last surviving Labour clubs faces an uncertain future.
Standish Labour Club in Smalley Street has raised concern in the village after posting large Notice of Emergency General Meeting (EGM) posters in its windows.
But officials today declined to discuss any proposals and recommendations due to be put to the key gathering of members only on October 9.
But a member said the club has mounting debts in common with so many other such long-standing institutions.
And he claims it is set to ask members to approve a package of measures that will change its constitution... read more
- 12:24 Holly Willoughby fumes as she’s grilled about pregnancy rumours:...
- 12:24 Kylian Mbappe tells Monaco this about his future amid Man United...
- 12:24 More information needed about controversial landfill site at former...
- 12:24 EU support among Germans reaches 25-year high, survey shows
- 12:24 Mansfield mayor: Terror attacks were ‘too close for comfort’
- 12:24 It’s time we all treated the NHS with respect
- 12:23 Nottingham 'gig' postponed due to Parliament terrorist attack
- 12:22 Westminster terror attack: Rugby man nearly hit by car on bridge
- 12:21 Google urged by judge to 'take responsibility' in fight against...
- 12:21 Why you could be getting a pay rise from April 1
- 12:21 Blackpool students compete for digital future
- 12:21 Youtube prankster to headline Friday night comedy at Alexander's
- 12:21 Transfer News: Arsenal's £25m Barca raid, £38m Man Utd and...
- 12:21 As the new Formula One season gets ready to kick off in Melbourne,...
- 12:21 Former Manchester United striker Javier Hernandez drops another...
- 12:20 Livingston FC fan blog: It's been a successful few days for the...
- 12:20 Skai Jackson hits the red carpet after her viral meme took the...
- 12:20 Celtic star Scott Brown is the reason I'm now Norway skipper, says...
- 12:20 Rangers interview Peter Lovenkrands for coaching role under Pedro...
- 12:20 Russian man pleads guilty over $500m malware scam
- 12:20 Cuts will see schools fall in league tables
- 12:20 Trojans get reality check in home loss to Saddleworth
- 12:20 Sharks push title favourites all the way in narrow defeat
- 12:20 More support for victims of domestic abuse in Derbyshire
- 12:19 More support for victims of domestic abuse in Derbyshire
- 12:19 Sinister online bullying craze sweeps UK classrooms - everything...
- 12:19 Everton FC linked with striking reinforcements
- 12:19 Sir Alex Ferguson says modern day players not prepared to be managers
- 12:19 Police appeal after man attacked in car near Nont Sarah's pub
- 12:18 The clocks are set to change - and this is how to get your kids to...