FCC to vote on revised broadband privacy regulations
The U.S. Federal Communications Commission will vote on Oct. 27 on a revised proposed regulation setting rules to safeguard the privacy of broadband users.
FCC Chairman Tom Wheeler's initial proposal came under harsh criticism from internet service providers such as Verizon Communications Inc, AT&T Inc, Comcast Corp, because it subjected them to more stringent rules than websites like Facebook Inc, Twitter or Alphabet Inc's Google.
The FCC has authority to set broadband privacy rules after it reclassified broadband providers last year as part of new net neutrality regulations.... read more
- 03:03 That's a bit Lowe cut! Braless Daisy sets pulses racing in...
- 03:03 'It's complicated': Director Richard Curtis reveals why Love...
- 03:03 'It wasn't planned but we couldn't be happier': Pregnant Chelsee...
- 03:02 Wonder Woman had its first test screening and the verdict is..
- 02:58 Stephen Martin: Rates rise risky gamble for small firms
- 02:58 Andrew Vine: 50,000 deaths a year demand an end to pollution
- 02:58 Greg Wright: It’s wrong to use families as pawns in Brexit game
- 02:24 David Cassidy: Ex-Partridge Family idol says he has dementia
- 02:22 Nikkei edges up as yen eases, Nippon Paper surges
- 02:13 Alt-right editor challenges journalists to visit Sweden
- 02:06 Governments 'must address corruption to defeat IS', says report
- 02:02 Trump's state visit will go ahead despite angry backlash
- 02:02 PM steps up Brexit Bill pressure as she sits in on peers' debate
- 02:02 Ministers dismiss business rates 'underestimation' reports
- 02:02 Yo-yo dieting 'could be good for you even if you put all the weight...
- 02:02 Taking children back to US would be bad parenting, says Rob Delaney
- 02:02 Watchdog calls for separation of officers in fatal incidents to...
- 01:52 Colombia FARC rebels to start disarmament process
- 01:42 EastEnders spoiler: Ian Beale writes his will after suffering a...
- 01:41 Arsene Wenger 'astonished' by Sutton's performance as Arsenal...
- 01:41 Wales coach Rob Howley faced with selection issue as Taulupe...
- 01:39 Snail venom compound 'offers chronic pain therapy'
- 01:36 Mary Berry 'stands by' Paul Hollywood after Bake Off move
- 01:30 Children's hospital is first to be rated 'outstanding'
- 01:25 Benefits variations unacceptable - MPs
- 01:25 Hospital cuts planned in most of England
- 01:23 Uber hires ex-U.S. Attorney General Holder to probe sexual harassment
- 01:23 Bungling European Union displays US flag with EXTRA STAR during...
- 01:12 Reliance's Jio hails Uber ride in payments battle with PayTM
- 01:12 Gloucester say sorry for fan's rude gesture to Saracens forward...